Notices

great app, runs better than the original. but i can't seem to find a way to filter my searches by date/related/most viewed/etc... like the original cutetube. and i noticed downloaded videos on cutetube qml in high quality is 480x360 unlike original cutetube 640x360. these r the only 2 reasons why i'm keeping classic cutetube around. normal browsing on qml version is superb.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Are you able to view your playlists or perform any actions that require authentication (add comments or like/dislike videos)? If so, then it is not an authentication problem. I am unable to view my subscriptions and playlists when testing on the desktop, so it may be an issue with a missing library or similar.

Try running cuteTube from the xterm:

[CODE/]run-standalone.sh /opt/usr/bin/qmltube[/CODE]

You can ignore any warnings about QNetworkConfigurationPrivatePointer. This is a known issue with QML.
I tried this one and I'm able to like/dislike videos.
This error was recieved when sh in xterm:
Error FODC0002 in tag:trolltech.com,2007:QtXmlPatterns:QIODeviceVari able:src, at line 1, column 445: Premature end of document.
The app is still working due the error but no subs

When subs work i'll make the switch for this one.
Nice work

The Following User Says Thank You to datjomp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by datjomp View Post
This error was recieved when sh in xterm:
Error FODC0002 in tag:trolltech.com,2007:QtXmlPatterns:QIODeviceVari able:src, at line 1, column 445: Premature end of document.
I also get this and can't see my subs. But apart from that i love the application!

The Following User Says Thank You to antezz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
great app, runs better than the original. but i can't seem to find a way to filter my searches by date/related/most viewed/etc... like the original cutetube. and i noticed downloaded videos on cutetube qml in high quality is 480x360 unlike original cutetube 640x360. these r the only 2 reasons why i'm keeping classic cutetube around. normal browsing on qml version is superb.
The resolution offered by the 'high quality' setting depends on the video. Newer videos are 640x360, but older videos will be 480x270 (assuming they are 16:9 ratio). There is no difference between the two applications. Both obtain the same URL.

On the search filters, these will be added soon once I decide on the best way to implement it as far as the UI is concerned.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by antezz View Post
I also get this and can't see my subs. But apart from that i love the application!
It seems that either:

1. There is something different about the XML feed that is returned for some users that the XmlListModel doesn't like.

2. There is a difference in Qt installations across the sample of users here, and there may be a bug in the XmlListModel element that results in the error that you and others are experiencing.

It would be useful if anyone with this problem could provide their YouTube username (not password), so I can observe any differences in the XML feed returned by the API.

My website

GitHub

My YT account name I use is "antezzz"

The Following User Says Thank You to antezz For This Useful Post:
My YT account name I use is "antezzz"
Thanks.

Q: Do you have your subscription activity set to private? If so, then the problem is down to an oversight on my part. I just need to provide the access token when accessing subscriptions/playlists.

Testing in a browser using version 2 of the API (which is what I use in cuteTube) gives me this:

Version 1 gives me this:

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Ahh, I turned that on in the settings and now it works.

But a few questions then.
1. Why are those needed? I'll provide the password and username for the application?
2. Regular Cutetube had no problem getting my subs?

Is it that the new YT API only allows you get the shared activities while the regular Cutetube lib parsed the information or something?

Ahh, I turned that on in the settings and now it works.

But a few questions then.
1. Why are those needed? I'll provide the password and username for the application?
2. Regular Cutetube had no problem getting my subs?

Is it that the new YT API only allows you get the shared activities while the regular Cutetube lib parsed the information or something?
It's because the python-gdata library provides a set of convenient methods to access a user's account. The library stores the access token upon login and passes it when these methods are called.

Because it is not normally necessary to use the access token for read-only access to playlists/subscriptions, I am not currently passing the access token. I do of course pass the token for HTTP POST requests. These are written in C++, because I could not get them to work in JavaScript. Hence there is a separation between GET requests (in QML/JavaScript) and POST requests (C++). I didn't consider the case of a user setting their playlists/subscriptions to private. All testing is carried out using my account details, so it's easy to overlook these things.

I will make the appropriate changes for the next release.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-04-08 at 18:03.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Ahh, thank you! Well some of those not like to share everything we do to the public.

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube