Posts: 147 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
I'am examine the cause at the moment and still adding reports.

SOFTWARE VERSION:
Newly flashed PR1.2,
RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM
RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM

EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:

EXPECTED OUTCOME:

ACTUAL OUTCOME:

REPRODUCIBILITY:
None yet

EXTRA SOFTWARE INSTALLED:
Extras-devel repository enabled,
Enhanced Linux kernel for power users v37 [non-overclocked]

Affect hildon-status-menu,
Simple Brightness Applet
3G/2G/Dual Mode Selection Applet
Load Applet

Affect hildon-desktop,
Recaller

OTHER COMMENTS:
Using 1 desktop and 3 turned off.
hildon-desktop sometimes in conjunction with Xorg both 15% usage seen in ''top'' (used ''top'' for less graphics intense view wrt Xorg)

Reported bug: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10412

Last edited by CarstenDutch; 2010-06-01 at 12:56.

I confirm this and will vote for it. Some might blame it on widgets but the exact same widget set pre-PR1.2 did not cause it.

thanks for this post, now i know why my n900 didnt last 3 hours today.

Same thing here, hildon-desktop using about 15% cpu all the time.

I have had same issue, i've reflashed mine about 3 times now,this time I tried installing things slowly, without anything it wasn't too bad, the second I installed the facebook widget things went downhill... it seems I can't have the same things open and have a decent battery life. But seems good without.

People who have this problems should list all widgets they are running, otherwise this leads nowhere.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2010 @ belgium
hildon-desktop first give me 20% load continu, phone didn't last for 2hours, reflashed but manually, now it's fione, hildon-desktop uses2.33%

only rises when i receive sms or something else, and goes back down after received message.

over the air update didn't go well, so i flashed manually, works best for me.
Think that over the air update are bugs in

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/29/the-croiman-psycho-iphone-makes-other-modders-weep-with-joy-env/

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
as i assume it's copy from bug you ent to bugzilla, if not - please send it to bugzilla and if yes, we would liek to have link to it as well.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
the title is stupid. even shutting device down and removing battery causes slow battery drain...

disable all the widgets and check how much hildon-desktop stresses cpu. if it is significantly lower then add widgets etc one after another and you'll know to which component the bug should be reported.

the bugreport described above helps no-one and causes certain people to keep asking more and more things that could have reported in the beginning when a bit common sense would have used.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
the title is stupid. even shutting device down and removing battery causes slow battery drain...

disable all the widgets and check how much hildon-desktop stresses cpu. if it is significantly lower then add widgets etc one after another and you'll know to which component the bug should be reported.

the bugreport described above helps no-one and causes certain people to keep asking more and more things that could have reported in the beginning when a bit common sense would have used.
I don't want to comment on the word "stupid"

If a process is taking aprox 15% cpu load for a to long time it won't be the same if anybody shutdown the device and removing the battery causes slow battery drain...

This is still a problem to look at.