Active Topics

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
"Resistance" to double tap only happens to me when phone is charging.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
what do these rapid flashing LED codes mean? I have had it flashing green very quickly once, and i'm pretty curious about its meaning...

Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
what do these rapid flashing LED codes mean? I have had it flashing green very quickly once, and i'm pretty curious about its meaning...
Led should behave like this:

white : switching on
red : switching off
pale white : charging
pale white blinking : fully charged

It also uses the same colours as your main apps to tell you if you've missed something:

green blinking : missed call
blue blinking : missed message
yellow blinking : new email

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterMaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
I think it happens when the homescreen environment crashes (and is subsequently automatically relaunched). But that's just my hypotesis.

Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
Led should behave like this:
It also uses the same colours as your main apps to tell you if you've missed something:

green blinking : missed call
blue blinking : missed message
yellow blinking : new email
My led stopped working one monta ago, is there solution to make it work again? Is there service for the led behavior?

Strange, had the rapid blinking led too this morning. Something did crash around that time I think. I lost my bluetooth connection with the carkit around the same time.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Anybody had a phone call with Jolla in which the sound on the other end turned into digital noise?

Today I called someone who was already on talking to someone else. She had the knock feature on incoming calls while on another call and chose to answer mine. After she answered my call, all I could hear was this screechig noise. I'm old enough what what ****ed up analog phonelines used to sound like. This wasn't anything like that. For lack of better way to describe it, it was 'digital ear raping'. I've been using GSM phones since 1995 and never heard voice as freaky as today.

Anyway, she called me back after her previous call was over and that went well.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Most propably nothkng to do with the handset, just your usual signalling problems in the network, some elements not selecting the correct codec or encryption keys not synchronized...
Happens all the time

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by mced View Post
"Resistance" to double tap only happens to me when phone is charging.
Do you use original charger or some cheap stuff?

I have one "overpriced" USB power which with i have touchscreen issues (have to keep the phone in my hand, and feet on the floor to get it work) and another <1$ USB power which makes touch completely non-working (Designed by Abble in Califomia, Manufactured by Flextenios)
Connected to PC, my DIY batterypack, and with Jolla and Samsung (original - come with phone) chargers touchscreen works just fine.

(touch controller is first one to die caused by noise from the charger)

The Following User Says Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
Do you use original charger or some cheap stuff?
It's funny, but I was trying to reproduce these fails and... I can't. The phone now wakes up instantly. Maybe because of the last system update?

I tried three chargers: original, N900's and an average USB cable connected to my PC. The last one gave me double-tap issues.

Anyway, it may be my motherboard's fault. Yesterday my system froze when I connected my Jolla. And it's running Debian stable.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience