Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
It has ssh, equivalents to backup menu (you must get it rooted then get Titanium Backup which stores all userland apps and data, or Nandroid backup which saves every partition), plus you don't need h-e-n because it has native usb otg support. Then you have xterminals, and also vnc viewers.
About smscon, evil alarm and emulators, dunno (not my cups of tea).
You can root following online guides.
Multitasking is really a matter of task switching in Android; apps can work or stall in background according to how they are programmed. Apps are also silently closed when memory they occupy has to be reclaimed. I'm using Ram Manager to get more mem for multitasking, and indeed the Note has plenty.
great info. THANKS! exactly what i needed.

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
The latest firmware (LC1) for the Note has palm rejection for S-Memo.
This is simply G R E A T !!!

Has anyone else lost their next word prediction whilst typing messages using XT9 following a Gingerbread update to Gingerbread.XXLA6?

It worked beautifully before and now it suggests a word but rather than offering you the opportunity to select it, it simply enters it and adds your typing to the end of that new word.... Very frustrating

The kernel info is 2.6.35.7N7000XXLA6-CL907341dpi@DELL174#2

Last edited by ckeszei; 2012-03-26 at 14:54.

Guys, is the samsung galaxy note n7000 locked or unlocked? Or do I have to unlock it by myself?
I am talking about a new samsung galaxy note not a used one.

You can unlock (root) it. See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1424997

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
To all Samsung galaxy note users, something that I didn't like in the n900 is that it has limited 2gb of memory for apps. But,I read that the Samsung galaxy note also has 2gb for applications!

Is this true that there is only 2gb for apps in the Samsung galaxy note? Because 2gb won't be enough for me especially that I am a heavy down-loader.

My second question is that if this is true, then is there a way to increase this memory to more than 2gb of memory for apps?

Cheers!

Last edited by Virtuality; 2012-03-29 at 19:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to Virtuality For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
I had a look at the note today, deciding whether to get that or the galaxy 2... the screen sizie is it's biggest asset and also its biggest drawback...

While I weigh it up, the HTC one X with quad 1.5ghz processor will be out.... hmmmm....

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
I had a look at the note today, deciding whether to get that or the galaxy 2... the screen sizie is it's biggest asset and also its biggest drawback...

While I weigh it up, the HTC one X with quad 1.5ghz processor will be out.... hmmmm....
Screen size is only a drawback if you like smaller screens. For me and most other Note owners, I can't ever imagine going back to a smaller screen sized phone now that I'm so used to Note's 5.3" AMOLED. (also, I can't go back to LCD after using AMOLED)

Maybe you should wait for the next greatest thing which may be the SGS3. I can only expect Samsung to go all out to ensure it's the best in the market when it's out.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Virtuality View Post
Is this true that there is only 2gb for apps in the Samsung galaxy note? Because 2gb won't be enough for me especially that I am a heavy down-loader.

My second question is that if this is true, then is there a way to increase this memory to more than 2gb of memory for apps?
!
It's not an important limit. First, because the majority of applications (except action games and some reference books) are quite tiny. Second, because you can transfer big application to your external sd card.

However, so far in Gingerbread the Note has a bug that if you move too many applications to SD, it starts bootlooping and you are forced to boot the device without external sdcard, delete the apps, and reinstall them in internal memory.

Role of thumb which gave me zero problems is moving to sdcard only applications which are not meant to startup at boot and run in background. So, huge games and reference books are fine, system apps are a no-no.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Virtuality View Post
To all Samsung galaxy note users, something that I didn't like in the n900 is that it has limited 2gb of memory for apps. But,I read that the Samsung galaxy note also has 2gb for applications!

Cheers!
Yes.
WHY: Gingerbread
FIX: Samsung must add MTP support.

Tags
android, galaxy note