Originally Posted by mve View Post
I have installed it also and only thing I have noticed is that clearing all information from the device seems to be quite difficult.

I tried to start with clean device but I couldn't found any way for doing that. '/home/user' and '/opt' seems to keep all information even after upgrade. Also setting device to factory defaults didn't do anything to that data.
This could be due to UPD (User Data Preservation)

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Hmm, this post suggests that it is the shipping firmware.

Ok then.
could it be that Venomrush queried SKUs for the preview/summit devices and that they've changed for the final devices?

the SKU for the german N900 seems to be different.
shop.nokia.de has it listed as sku=6958534, whereas venomrush queried SKU 0574383 for germany.

shop.nokia.co.uk has it listed as 10208380, and in venomrush's post it's listed as 0560826..

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by mve View Post
I have installed it also and only thing I have noticed is that clearing all information from the device seems to be quite difficult.

I tried to start with clean device but I couldn't found any way for doing that. '/home/user' and '/opt' seems to keep all information even after upgrade. Also setting device to factory defaults didn't do anything to that data.
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
This could be due to UPD (User Data Preservation)
No, it has to do with the fact that system data on the N900 is scattered over three partitions, the 228MB rootfs, the 2GB /dev/mmcblk0p2 which is both the /home and /opt directories, and /dev/mmcblk0p1 which is the 27GB FAT partition mounted as /home/user/MyDocs.

If you want to update the entire device, you have to get two firmware images, the "main" one, which updates the rootfs, and the "eMMC" one, which updates the /dev/mmcblk0p? partitions.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
could it be that Venomrush queried SKUs for the preview/summit devices and that they've changed for the final devices?

the SKU for the german N900 seems to be different.
shop.nokia.de has it listed as sku=6958534, whereas venomrush queried SKU 0574383 for germany.

shop.nokia.co.uk has it listed as 10208380, and in venomrush's post it's listed as 0560826..

venomrush provided you the product id, no the sku
two totally different things

The Following User Says Thank You to eikido For This Useful Post: