Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Nope, my "real" reading is open the flash app from file manager, minimize it, use the tablet like I normally do including web browsing, e-mail, maemo-mapper, music, etc. and resizing the minimized flash window and in this case, check the time... every now and then.
I don't think I worded my previous post properly: I'm saying that flash apps use more cpu when active, not minimized, than a properly optimized C (or maybe even Python) application would.

I see no slow downs what so ever and never had using flash this way. This is what prompted my question. I have experienced major slow downs, crashes, and forced re-flashes when using early versions of various, purpose built, tablet apps though.

... and the crazy thing is, these other apps are usually an attempt to do what the flash app does better anyway.

I will attempt to attach a calculator flash app to this post. It, IMHO does a much better job as a simple touch screen calculator than the program that ships with Maemo. (Change the .ZIP extention to .SWF to run as flash.)

For the Load percentages I quoted earlier, I use load-applet v. 0.8.3 running full time in the status bar.

BTW, where are these "bars" you speak of?
There are 2 types of load applets for the tablets, one has time with a smooth curve graph and one uses "bars". You must be using #1, me #2

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA

To Snoshrk.
... on a Tablet running MicroB on Diablo (default browser and current OS) a file with the SWF (flash) extension should open in the Web Browser when you tap on it from the tablets File Manager...

If the file has the right extension, I believe Diablo will give it a round 'f' icon in File Manager.
YoDude

Yep, OS 43-7, fresh install only a month old....

No dice... the files have the correct icon (Circle F) but when dbl clicked => garbage in the browser.

To make matters worse / more confusing: I just went to www.online-stopwatch.com => it works just fine

Thanks for the help!

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
I don't think I worded my previous post properly: I'm saying that flash apps use more cpu when active, not minimized, than a properly optimized C (or maybe even Python) application would.

There are 2 types of load applets for the tablets, one has time with a smooth curve graph and one uses "bars". You must be using #1, me #2
Cool.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
YoDude

Yep, OS 43-7, fresh install only a month old....

No dice... the files have the correct icon (Circle F) but when dbl clicked => garbage in the browser.

To make matters worse / more confusing: I just went to www.online-stopwatch.com => it works just fine

Thanks for the help!

Gee! I don't remember doing anything special but maybe I did, I'll have to think on that a bit.

... in the mean time; open a browser page on the tablet and hit menu. Go to Tools, then to Components.

An Installed Components window should open up. See if "Shockwave Flash" is listed and stated as Enabled.

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
... in the mean time; open a browser page on the tablet and hit menu. Go to Tools, then to Components.

An Installed Components window should open up. See if "Shockwave Flash" is listed and stated as Enabled.
btdt I have no components installed, thus my request for where to get said Shockwave Flash component

Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
btdt I have no components installed, thus my request for where to get said Shockwave Flash component
It comes preinstalled in the operating system; it, as far as I know, cannot be reinstalled. A reflash may be in order?

The Following User Says Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Did you update to the latest Maemo ROM ? I thought the flash support was always there on the browser - even I cant recall installing anything seperately for that.

You may want to check if your ROM is updated or a old one by chance ?
And I also assume you are using the default MicroB browser - not some other installed browser (like Fennec).

The Following User Says Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
First off: Many Thanks to all who have offered help

Mea Culpa Mea Maxima Culpa

I found the solution today...

It seems that I forgot to switch the browser engine back to microb after the last time I played with webkit...(the xx/100 while loading gave it away)

I don't know why the SWF files would launch and run fine under webkit when connected, but not when run locally from a file.... but, at least the SWF's now work offline.

Thanks again

....please excuse me while I go and get a large "DOH!" stamped on my forehead...

Matt

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
I have been trying different online timers. If I set them for 30 minutes I find that the expiration signal is not given because something in the browser or the device has timed out I think. If I touch the screen it wakes up and the expiration signal is released even though the 30 minutes has expired some time ago. I cannot find anything in the browser menus or in the device control panel that suggests this functionality. I know this must be something simple.
Any ideas?
N800; OS2008 version 5.2008.43-7

This is an excellent application and idea, it helps me a lot in managing my presentations and other stuff.