Posts: 75 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Uruguay
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
New update is out, check the first post for the changes
Just updated, booting now.

I have to say because i was so scared to test thumb, is working OK, i have had no problems, no hangs, no strange behavior, no closing applications (other than camera that was doing it before and still couldn't diagnose).
I didn't give it a real test under pressure as my everyday usage, but is accomplishing it's expectations flawlessly.

EDIT: booted with no concerns.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by pinochio View Post
...and so I did, but why suddenly such a fuss.
Because people asking as such will a) not helpful to the developers / CSSU dev processes (those are true development, not testing packages! b) not be able to help themselves in case of breakage (and there will definitely be breakage! c) spoil threads afterwards breakage happened.

Seriously, how did you come to the conclusion that certain repositories should be included in their sysconfig for everyone just reading about them, somewhere?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pinochio View Post
...and so I did, but why suddenly such a fuss.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...93&postcount=2

That is why

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
after updating to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo7.1+thumb0 my in-car handsfree no longer works. i think it is thumb2 obexd related. when i install older obexd files, everything works like it should.
cheers

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StocChr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Funny that you also mention this. I had to do a re-pair between both; afterwards, call history provided by rtcom-eventlogger-async did not show any names for entries.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
Installed CSSU-thumb last night...without any problem.

It definitely feels much more smooth,
takes little bit more of CPU,
little bit less of RAM,
battery consumption is same as with CSSU-stable (i'm very happy)

BUT...

MicroB runs like crazy. I couldn't think of better test, so I opened 6 hardcore web pages at same time and there was no hanging, freezing, twitching..and other things that I used to consider to be normal.

As Hancock would say...GOOD JOB!! GOOD JOB!!
Thank you

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dzano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
a re-pair has no effect. the n900 pairs with the car. but when i receive or make a call the in-car handsfree don't switch to the car speaker, the radio will continue to play but the phone show me that i am connect with a "headset". so i have to switch the speaker on my phone from headset to device

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by StocChr View Post
after updating to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo7.1+thumb0 my in-car handsfree no longer works. i think it is thumb2 obexd related. when i install older obexd files, everything works like it should.
Strange no such report from non-thumb. Can you please collect debug logs from the newest and also older obexd?
http://wiki.maemo.org/Bluetooth_PBAP#Get_debug_messages

Can you also try the obexd from cssu-testing?
http://repository.maemo.org/communit...ssu1_armel.deb

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
How do I know if I have thumb2 installed I've been updating for the last hour or two few updates came through fine but I think cssu is just installed I went to this thread 1st page and followed link to get it installed....

I've attached a screen shot below cheers
Attached Images

Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
How do I know if I have thumb2 installed I've been updating for the last hour or two few updates came through fine but I think cssu is just installed I went to this thread 1st page and followed link to get it installed....

I've attached a screen shot below cheers
From the first post:
06.01.2013 - 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo7.1+thumb1

- Thumb2 compiled pango, freetype, libpng, zlib, libxml2
- NEON-optimized upstream versions of libpng (~30% faster) and zlib (~8% faster decompression, ~18% faster compression)
- libxml2 recompiled against latest zlib

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life