Originally Posted by bradb
Yeah, I knew that Nokia only mentions support for 1GB MMC cards, but I was hoping it was only because 2GB cards haven't been on the market very long.

Just so everyone is sure - I've tried it with something as simple as a 128MB FAT partion at the beginning of the card; still no go. It's not the partition size that's the problem.

From the feedback I've gotten on the maemo developers list, it seems this is a kernel problem - So tonight I'm going to make sure there is a bug report about this logged, for what it's worth.

Brad.
Thanks, this is one of the biggest things holding me back. I need at LEAST 2gb of storage on the go. The nokia 770 is so close to being my perfect Handheld. Just give me the 2gb RSMMC card!

SJ30-Tungsten E- Zodiac 2-?

Does the location column count?

Most phones nowadays can use 1+gig cards; even the Sony lockup crap. We really need to get Nokia to rewrite the kernel or/and the drivers for 1+gig cards. Personally I don't really need it but like to have it there, but I know most other people actually need it.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Ask and you shall receive, if you dare:

Checkout bugzilla, bug #621. Someone has applied the patch to support 2GB MMC cards! To apply the new kernel...

download the zImage and then flash it with:

flasher-2.0 -f -k zImage-su-18-200625

I've done a few quick tests and I can now see and use my 2GB card! I'm hoping this will get rolled back into the official release soon.

Brad.

Last edited by bradb; 2006-06-22 at 19:01. Reason: stopid tipo

Great to hear about it, now I can recommend the N770 to friends and others who like to have mp3 and videos. Most of those people ***** about the memory size, and usually they compare the n770 to the ipod or the zen players.

Wooohooo...I'm going to order a 2 gig card when I get home...Anyone wants to buy 1 gig card from me....I have 2 of them. It's hard to keep track of of one of them...I always leave it in my pocket and almost getting it in the washer and dryer. Now does that mean it will support 3 gig cards??? haha...j/k

Last edited by NokNok770; 2006-06-22 at 20:52.

I just put in an order for the 2gig card. I won't have to ever switch cards again.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Perhaps to increase the likelihood of this patch making it into the shipping firmware everyone should add a vote for #621.

Yippee!!! I found my new toy :-)

SJ30-Tungsten E- Zodiac 2-?

Does the location column count?

At http://europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,75023,00.html they specifically say that it can only go up to 1gb...

Perhapse something will change in a future OS version?

ordered one and will flash the new kernal today

Can't wait to have some more space then my little 256mb card!

-Todd