Originally Posted by edgar2 View Post
there's an option in hermes preferences to create birthday-only contacts from your facebook account. that's how i got 'new' contacts imported from facebook.
it pulled the names and birthday but not the rest of their info like phone # and email. we're getting there....

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by NOKIAFAN View Post
it pulled the names and birthday but not the rest of their info like phone # and email. we're getting there....
That's a limitation of the Facebook API.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
That's a limitation of the Facebook API.
so i guess you can only do it with motorola cliq.

cliq pulls all info including cell # and email.

Palm Pre / WebOS brings down numbers / email from FB also... Why is the Pre allowed and not the N900? Partnership thing? Or because Hermes is seen as a third party app and not integrated into the OS?

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
For some reason I cant install this.. I get a installation corrupt error when trying to install.

Any ideas?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
Palm Pre / WebOS brings down numbers / email from FB also... Why is the Pre allowed and not the N900? Partnership thing? Or because Hermes is seen as a third party app and not integrated into the OS?
Those OSes are created in conjunction with Facebook, using a private API. Normal third-party apps have access to the API as described by sjgadsby.

Presumably, if Nokia were interested in a cross-promotion deal and had developers to put to work on it, it would be possible to deeply integrate Facebook using the OS itself.

If anyone has a high-up contact at Facebook, I'd be happy to talk to them about accessing that private API within Hermes.

Thanks!

Facebook help the man out please! (best I can do ).

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Those OSes are created in conjunction with Facebook, using a private API. Normal third-party apps have access to the API as described by sjgadsby.

Presumably, if Nokia were interested in a cross-promotion deal and had developers to put to work on it, it would be possible to deeply integrate Facebook using the OS itself.

If anyone has a high-up contact at Facebook, I'd be happy to talk to them about accessing that private API within Hermes.
I hope you guys can contact facebook and make it works in the future.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
yea but you don't want it to pull numbers off facebook as most people do not put there correct info so 1 sync could mess up all numbers just my thought