In particular, what service are you using it with and are the US/UK models compatible with Indian service providers?

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seoul, South Korea
You will have to check your frequency req. 2100 is used on t-mobile and also some places in europe.

Yup its me.. I got one... tried using it with vodafone but wen connecting to internet it asks to connect thru Vodafone mobile connect. Aircel connects well but speed is like a slug..

and ya mine is a UAE model. no probs with the phone connection on any gsm provider. used airtel, vodafone, aircel. wrked well for all of 'em.

Last edited by Omkar; 2009-12-22 at 04:52. Reason: adding info.

Just bought N900 frm KSA,will chk it and let you know

The n900 should work fine on all indian operators for GSM communications.
Since BSNL is the only one with 3g, and also considering that 3g in india is based on the 2100 frequency band, you should be able to use 3g on BSNL as well..

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bangalore
Mine works fine with Airtel. There should not be any problem with any of the service providers.

Has anyone used the emulators yet?? which is the best ??

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
HELP NEEDED
Hello everyone.
I am a big fan of Nokia's new N900. So much so that I have decided not to wait any further and buy it from Finland.
One of my relative is in Finland and he will be returning to India on 7th January. However I have some doubts and it would be great if anyone of you could help me out.

1. Will I be able to update the firmware using NSU in India?
2. If something goes wrong with the phone what are my options other than returning it to Nokia Finland? Will Nokia India fix the phone with some charges or it won't be able to do that?
3. I suppose the phone will have English language support. Please comment
4. I noticed that the device was out of stock from Nokia Finland Store. Is the device available at retail outlets or it is only available at Nokia Stores?
5. How much does Nokia usually takes to deliver the phone if booked on the internet?
6. Will it work on BSNL 3G. The frequency is 2100 MHz.
7. Is there anything that I may miss out other than Nokia India warranty by purchasing N900 from Finland?
8. What other points must I keep in mind and convey to my relative in Finland before purchasing the device?

Kindly reply as soon as possible as I want to book the device as early as possible.
Thank you

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bracknell, UK
Originally Posted by abhisheiktripathi2007 View Post
HELP NEEDED
Hello everyone.
I am a big fan of Nokia's new N900. So much so that I have decided not to wait any further and buy it from Finland.
One of my relative is in Finland and he will be returning to India on 7th January. However I have some doubts and it would be great if anyone of you could help me out.

2. If something goes wrong with the phone what are my options other than returning it to Nokia Finland? Will Nokia India fix the phone with some charges or it won't be able to do that?
4. I noticed that the device was out of stock from Nokia Finland Store. Is the device available at retail outlets or it is only available at Nokia Stores?
5. How much does Nokia usually takes to deliver the phone if booked on the internet?
7. Is there anything that I may miss out other than Nokia India warranty by purchasing N900 from Finland?
8. What other points must I keep in mind and convey to my relative in Finland before purchasing the device?

Kindly reply as soon as possible as I want to book the device as early as possible.
Thank you
5. I ordered from shop.nokia.co.uk on 18th Dec and it was delivered(to UK) today. Check the online stock availability and go for it if it looks good.
6. I have checked the frequencies and it would work in India. No issues.

Any idea when n900 will be launched in India? Estimated price?

The Following User Says Thank You to pisthpeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kolkata, India

There is global Firmware which you can flash it with..NSU does not work yet...but updating via wifi OTA is supported i guess..!!

The phone is not officially launched in India, hence repairing at official Nokia Service is Impossible, because they will not be trained to handle the phone and will not stock the spares.

Obv it will have English language apart from the Nordic and other Languages

I bought mine from newegg.com as nokia usa would not authorize my pals card

Express shipment on nokia said 1-2 business days

Thats what others have said, I dont have 3G at my home or workplace, hence not been tried by me but EDGE works fine..

Nope...nothing...the phone runs like its supposed to..infact you will gain the respect of your friends, and obv their envy

Nothing really, preferably if your relative can get the box mannuals etc, then the resale value of the device is greater, but problems at customs might take place...barring that there is no issue,

Ive had my phone for a week on AirTel in kolkata, edge settings was dettected out of box and ive had no problems, no mic issue, no continuous reboots, batter is iffy because of pluings installed, but thats a software thing that can be fixed by flashing the device..congrats on your new purchase though

The Following User Says Thank You to lohiaprateek For This Useful Post: