Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
hi!

i think swype got a lot worse since pr1.2. i've been using it as the only input method since pr1.1 on my n9. i had the stock keyboard disabled (no languages selected).

problem #1: when i swiped the swype keyboard from the edge (the switch keyboards gesture) under pr1.1 it just didn't move as there was no secondary input to switch to.
since pr1.2, despite having no other keyboards enabled, sometimes (often ) when i start a word with "p" or "a" it tries to switch the keyboards. this is super annoying, since you have to start that word again and it kinda contradicts the whole idea of fluidly swyping the words.

problem #2: another thing is that since pr1.2 the word prediction in swype is almost unusable. i don't know if they added more words to it or changed something in the way it predicts what you want to write, but it got A LOT WORSE compared to pr1.1.

a solution to problem #2 could be the option to delete words that are in the swype dictionary by default. you can delete words you added yourself by selecting them and hitting the swype button, this behaviour would be highly useful for all words in the dictionary. it should also suggest/apply words by the number of times you have used the words.

note: i'm writing in german mostly. maybe these problems don't occur with other languages. i have noticed the change from pr1.1 to pr1.2 when writing in english though.

has anyone experienced these issues? is there a solution? i mean, it really spoils the otherwise awesome experience the n9 offers.

Last edited by dommau; 2012-04-03 at 18:08.

im also looking for back to pr1.1 version but no success

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by dommau View Post
since pr1.2, despite having no other keyboards enabled, sometimes (often ) when i start a word with "p" or "a" it tries to switch the keyboards. this is super annoying, since you have to start that word again and it kinda contradicts the whole idea of fluidly swyping the words.
This was my main complaint in PR1.1, it continues in PR1.2 for me.

problem #2: another thing is that since pr1.2 the word prediction in swype is almost unusable. i don't know if they added more words to it or changed something in the way it predicts what you want to write, but it got A LOT WORSE compared to pr1.1.
I have to agree here. Now my intended word is usually third...

a solution to problem #2 could be the option to delete words that are in the swype dictionary by default. you can delete words you added yourself by selecting them and hitting the swype button, this behaviour would be highly useful for all words in the dictionary. it should also suggest/apply words by the number of times you have used the words.
I've somehow lost the ability to auto-capitalize, despite being turned on the letter "i" ... that's really bothering me.

note: i'm writing in german mostly. maybe these problems don't occur with other languages. i have noticed the change from pr1.1 to pr1.2 when writing in english though.
Nein. Geteiltes Leid ist halbes Leid.

It happens in Englisch too.

has anyone experienced these issues? is there a solution? i mean, it really spoils the otherwise awesome experience the n9 offers.
I'm looking for solutions too.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
about switch gesture from corner
edit /home/user/.swype/SwypeConfig.ini
set switch.gesture=none

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
maybe someone who runs pr1.1 for some reason could post the contents of

/home/user/.swype/SwypeConfig.ini
and
/home/user/.swype/settings.ini

for us?

thanks!

why? #1 solvable. #2 doesn't exists. predict great. edit sensivity slider in settings.

#1 is solved, true.

but prediction (at least in german) is horrible since pr1.2. editing sensitivity doesn't change it.
and i would LOVE to be able to delete certain words from the database. this would actually be my preferred solution.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I stopped using it, I just turned it off. The screen is too small so I'm constantly hitting wrong predictions. I'd rather have arrows.

aironeous, swype keyboard for swiping, not for touching. you can write with eyes closed
dommau, can you write swype-keyboard version number from PR1.1?