Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
Yep, 13 000, say, everyone of that 13 thousand buys a Jolla phone. And they said they need to sell how many to survive? 200 000?
lol that doesn't make sense, I've never followed any brand I've bought things from... it doesn't go that way.
And actually, if you look at the number of people that knew about android when they launched their first device (and jolla isn't even at that point), it's certainly not a good predictor of sales.

Not saying sales will be very high. Just that mass market awareness before press and product release is not a good indicator of anything.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
How about creating a poster and put it up in front of a mobile store each.

"Ask for Jolla mobile... Brand new devices. Revolutionary! "

" you think you have a smartphone? You are not! Check out Jolla for the real deal"

"jolla is better than sex. Get it! "
That's a good point. Where JollaMobile devices will be sod?

Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
A very big Majority never heard the name Maemo... or Meego... or Harmattan.
A very big Majority have never heard the name Oppo
A very big majority have no idea how big symbian has remained in Japan through the likes of NTT-Docomo.

If a troll screams on the interwebz and nobody listens, is he still a troll?
well...I never heard the names Oppo and Docomo. And you are not polite of accusing me to be a troll just because I take the majority point of view instead of the nerds one.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Time for repost of on of the few 1vs1 from Jussi for all new users around here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLdClPQpiHA

I like that he looks a bit sad when he saying : "I don't know what was burning"

Start saving money now!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-09-11 at 17:48.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Waiting...

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
trolling

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have little faith in Jolla. if they are responsible for the N9 flop, why would you expect them to do better. N900 is great, because it was a culmination of many years of maemo devices, and N9 was 3 steps back. its laggy, email sucks, at times non-responsive, fonts are not adjustable, browser sucks, SMS would mix up contacts, swipe makes you dizzy. i just dont see Jolla leadership as disciplined enough to put out a modern UI. they may have an innovation or two, but what good is it when basic things dont perform well!! all in all I dont see a winning team. i see enthusiastic and undisciplined yahoos that will produce inferior products.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I have little faith in Jolla. if they are responsible for the N9 flop, why would you expect them to do better. N900 is great, because it was a culmination of many years of maemo devices, and N9 was 3 steps back. its laggy, email sucks, at times non-responsive, fonts are not adjustable, browser sucks, SMS would mix up contacts, swipe makes you dizzy. i just dont see Jolla leadership as disciplined enough to put out a modern UI. they may have an innovation or two, but what good is it when basic things dont perform well!! all in all I dont see a winning team. i see enthusiastic and undisciplined yahoos that will produce inferior products.
your judgment is clouded by the evil empire.
Im pleased to read its very likely you dont buying a jolla phone. get your 920 and stat there.

jolla will float. Just wait and ser.

The problem is they have taken the N9 as the model device, when the model device must be the N900!! yes N9 is three steps back from N900 but still better than android so far. I don't have little faith in Jolla too but if you want a true linux device will be jolla or nothing, so there is no choice.

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Talk less.
Code more.

another troll to add to the ignore list....

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla