Closed Thread
general status question, is a reasonably stable build gonna push from extras-devel to extras-testing or extras in any reasonable time period?

i mean PR1.4 isnt really on the horizon is it? this will basically be the last hurrah for N900?

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Helsinki
Just received an update:
hildon-home 0.3.71-4

Any idea what changed? No changelog yet on the wiki page

A big thanks to those involved in this project, u'r super heroes every one of you!

The Following User Says Thank You to jaywink For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
I took the plunge (again) on the meta-package and the CSSU enabler package updates visible today.

Of course I seem to have a problem, now with the installation of a new package "dsme-thermalobject-surface_0.0.1+0m5", being a dependency of one of those updated packages.
It tries to overwrite the "/usr/lib/dsme/libthermalobject.so.0.0.0" file while that file is also already of existing package "dsme".

I tried 'apt-get -f install' but to no luck. Same error. Anyone seen this issue before ? Any pointers for me where to look ? Might be an packaging error or a consequence of my mixed PR.1.2/1.3/CSSU setup but looking at the version numbers, I think it's just something VERY new, being put in an incorrect way. This is extras-devel after all

I just wanna personally thank Jaffa and the rest of the crew for having the patience to go on. Please, let them work and wait for the more stable versions if your first reaction after something goes wrong is to come and ask here how to have it fixed for you.

This is the best thing happened for Maemo for the longest of time, don't screw it up guys for the rest of us, just be patient.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pillar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
any tips on how to solve this?

What theme do you have?! Can you share that theme? I love that font :X

The Following User Says Thank You to Alb3rtO For This Useful Post:
@Jaywink

Fix: Bug 11829: Clicking a desktop shortcut opens two browser windows

Probably.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
@Jaywink

Fix: Bug 11829: Clicking a desktop shortcut opens two browser windows

Probably.
Yeah I can confirm that, now it opens only the desired window.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
@pillar
Point taken, I've created this bug report, including the way how I fixed it, as I couldn't wait till the (packaging or other) error was fixed at source. I hope new version(s) of the package solve things a different way or it gets confirmed that my personal setup is the culprit, then I guess I'm on my own

At Andrew, Jaffa, MohammadAG, and others involved in the CSSU, thanks for all effort so far, Happy to test further changes again. Even if they're a bit bleeding edge

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
general status question, is a reasonably stable build gonna push from extras-devel to extras-testing or extras in any reasonable time period?

i mean PR1.4 isnt really on the horizon is it? this will basically be the last hurrah for N900?
The last hurrah yes, but the meaning of this important thread to me is that this hurrah will last as long as the community wants, not depending on Nokia.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ San Diego, CA
I just installed the most recent update. My call log is now empty when I launch the phone app. Even after making a call it does not show up in the log. Also the conversations app no longer updates after sending/receiving an update.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade