Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Once upon a time it was easy to see RAI-TV video streams on your linux desktop, but to make a long story short, they made everything they could to force people to use Microsoft operating systems and now use Silverlight and Smooth Streaming for the major channels. Moonlight 2.99.something is almost enough for the i386 machines but there's no armel package.

However, some channels are still broadcast without Smooth Streaming and can be seen on our devices. Thanks to the awesome work of a number of volunteers in the last few months in cryptoanalyzing Rai-TV streams, there is a solution which works - at least until they change again the encryption.

Enter seerai, which uses the railease.py code by Stefano Sanfilippo and a little bit of zenity to show the 12 channels still free from Microsoft sorceries.

Take it from extras-devel.

Probably it will work only with Italian connectivity providers, because the streams should be restricted to national IP addresses, but I think that with a proper proxy (socks proxy?) it could be possible to fool the system.
I'll be glad to learn if anybody from outside Italy is able to implement such a solution, and
I'd like to incorporate any related code in the next version.

Last edited by debernardis; 2012-02-09 at 17:28. Reason: all streams are available

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Works flawlessy, italian IP though

The Following User Says Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Italia
Works for me italian ip

The Following User Says Thank You to Supersimo88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 299 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Singapore
In Singapore I get the following:

Spiacente, la visione di questo filmato e' consentita solo agli utenti nel territorio italiano.
Sorry, this content is reserved to the users in the Italian country.
MobiTifo (which was formerly known as QSportsEvent) - Sports leagues tracking (mainly football).

The Following User Says Thank You to magnuslu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by magnuslu View Post
In Singapore I get the following:
Did you try with some Italian proxy?

Seerai 0.1.3.2 is coming to extras-devel. Adds Rai3, Rai5 and RaiSport2. Rai3 on the N900 is a great addition, due to the quality of its programs!

Rai1 and Rai2 will hopefully be available in the next weeks, thanks to the exceptional work of the Olrait team, whose members wrote a complete replacement for Silverlight SmoothStreaming using the simple, usual gnu-linuxy tools.

I'm trying to port that to maemo5 but I'm facing some problems due to the lack of proper gnu tools. More likely, the thing will be available as a firefox mobile extension, due to the work of Mitm and K0wal5ky. Presently, the extension doesn't work on mobile browsers yet.

Last edited by debernardis; 2011-04-12 at 17:03.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Italy
ciao! non riesco a vedere rai3 perche' su kmplayer il programma non inserisce il link. ho provato a reistallare ma non e' servito.
grazie per l'aiuto.

Stanno trasmettendo il ciclismo e quindi criptano la trasmissione con smoothstreaming, purtroppo

ok. allora provo a vedere piu' tardi. Pero' se seleziono un altro canale nella prima riga del player compare un link, mentre se seleziono rai3 compare "none" quindi mi sembra che non ci sia alcun link... ti faccio sapere provando piu' tardi. grazie!

ciao! allora ho provato a ore diverse e continua a non voler funzionare. In kmplayer non compare il link a cui connettersi per visualizzare rai3 in streaming...