Posts: 43 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Hey there,

Does anyone know if the part in the attached images is suppose to be part of the N900? Found it on the floor next to a table where my N900 was at the time, but I'm not sure if it came from some other component laying around. It's a small metal part, about 10 mm x 8 mm x 0.5 mm, looks like some sort of angled clip, has two oval holes and one of the flat ends is raised very slightly.

Initially I thought it was part of the sliding mechanism or the camera cover assembly but both of these seem to work normal -- so far at least.

I did look at some N900 disassembly videos but couldn't find the part anywhere in those.

/sowwhatyoureap

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sowwhatyoureap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
my bad, its not a support for camera cover, its an extra support for kick stand. my apologies .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Huh, extra support of the kickstand, you sure? If so, do you how it's mounted inside the camera/phone cover? I took a look at the back (both sides) but found no place where it would fit.

The Following User Says Thank You to sowwhatyoureap For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sowwhatyoureap View Post
Huh, extra support of the kickstand, you sure? If so, do you how it's mounted inside the camera/phone cover? I took a look at the back (both sides) but found no place where it would fit.
yeah, i am sure. tell me how to attach a picture in the message then i will show you exactly where it fits.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
took some time while using gimp and to figure out how to attach files.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Appreciate the illustration, thank you very much. Yep, seems to be a clip that provides (minor) resistance and stability to the kickstand. Actually I remember seeing that part before but couldn't place exactly where I saw it :-) . Since I've used the phone daily since the purchase in 2010 it's no wonder a thing like that could pop off.

I assume one could just glue it back to the back cover by applying a small amount of glue to the two holes, right?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sowwhatyoureap For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sowwhatyoureap View Post
I assume one could just glue it back to the back cover by applying a small amount of glue to the two holes, right?
i have been using my device without this for the last 2 years without any problems. i tried to fit it into its position several times but it popped out every time and honesty i never tried with glue. so its upto you what you wanna do.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardy_magnus For This Useful Post:
Good to hear, yeah it seems to work without it for the time being. I think I'll have a go at gluing it and seeing how that works though.

The Following User Says Thank You to sowwhatyoureap For This Useful Post: