on N 900 i have saved out of country numbers using DTMF. that said first its 1800 # follwed by pp and then country code and then actual #. it was working fine with symbian or iphone. the problem is phone is sending too fast DTMF.so the system on other end is not ready to accept that DTMF.in other words when you dial 1800# it says welcometo..and by that time phone starts sending DTMFand it works. but with this phone it starts so fast that it does not give 1800# to pickup the line and my phone starts sending DTMF.everytime i try to call it says(1800 Sys.)country code not valid.

anybody can help?

i tried to find through user guide. when dialing my phone says sending DTMF .
but i think i need is a pause dialing or similar to that.

is there a way to use pause dialing in M5.

Last edited by biren11; 2009-12-05 at 04:34.

try "/p" as your separator between # and post dial digits.

N770, N810, N900, N97, N85, E71, 5800xm, iPhone(retired)
AT&T & T-Mobile

its not allowing me to type " / " with fn key pressed or with any other.it takes only numeric format or either *, #

Try the comma. That's the typical pause signal.

first, from phone its not letting me to type any thing else then numeric format or *, #.so i tried from comupter and sync with outlook. but when tried to dial ohone says incorrect number. so its not good.

Originally Posted by biren11 View Post
its not allowing me to type " / " with fn key pressed or with any other.it takes only numeric format or either *, #

Then just use p. The field has "num lock" enabled, if you hit the symbol shift ket (blue arrow) you can enter alpha characters.

N770, N810, N900, N97, N85, E71, 5800xm, iPhone(retired)
AT&T & T-Mobile

i was using p before and regards to other alpha charc. its not letting me do it, somehow.