Hi everyone
i have n900 i formated my device after the closing of nokia store i lost everything
the catalogs is not loading
i searched on the internet but couldn't find solution
i downloaded opera store but i can;t download deb files it downloads java and it doesn't work
i tried my best but i couldn't find out how to solve

can anyone please help me and give me directions to solve my problem

thanks in advance

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freeman1956 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
How long did you spend searching before you got tired of it?
It should take no more than 3 minutes to find this thread. If you still need spoon feeding, here it is.

And please, work on your punctuation and capitalization and avoid all bold posts in the future.
Thanks in advance.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
How long did you spend searching before you got tired of it?
It should take no more than 3 minutes to find this thread. If you still need spoon feeding, here it is.

And please, work on your punctuation and capitalization and avoid all bold posts in the future.
Thanks in advance.
Joker *lol* -
this page here is a design/overview-horror, can you imagine how hard it is for people who are not here every day to find the information they're looking for?

Got the same problem - update does not work anymore (and I did no reinstall, some weeks ago everything worked as it should).
And I still looking for why it doesn't and searching for a solution, too, without success until now.

Instead of tutor others searching for help, do something for a better overview here, pls. Thanks in advance

Since the Nokia-repos are down its a mess to get the N900 back to work if formatted and it is very hard to find everything you need, I can understand Freeman very well!

Not to mention that for sure some users not even know about this page since Nokia-repos are down or not speaking english.

Last edited by Micha1982; 2015-06-11 at 22:20.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Micha1982 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Micha1982 View Post
this page here is a design/overview-horror, can you imagine how hard it is for people who are not here every day to find the information they're looking for?

Instead of tutor others searching for help, do something for a better overview here, pls.
Well, as you correctly point out, Nokia is gone now. All the info you find here is kindly provided for free by the folks who frequent this board (perhaps with varying degrees of kindness ).

But yes, if you find that the information here is either incomplete or could be presented in a better manner, please do go ahead and improve the Maemo Wiki! It is up to all of us here to keep this site up to date, as Nokia isn't going to do it for us. When you see something here that could be done better, go ahead and do it!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ United States of America
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Well, as you correctly point out, Nokia is gone now. All the info you find here is kindly provided for free by the folks who frequent this board (perhaps with varying degrees of kindness ).

But yes, if you find that the information here is either incomplete or could be presented in a better manner, please do go ahead and improve the Maemo Wiki! It is up to all of us here to keep this site up to date, as Nokia isn't going to do it for us. When you see something here that could be done better, go ahead and do it!
Like Freeman, I could also use help. I have been trying to find package wireless-tools and also would like to find Joikuspot for the Nokia N900. I hope that I have found the right spot to ask!

I went to the Opera Store and bought Joikuspot Premium. Unfortunatelly that does not run on the Nokia N900. Oh well, I guess they can use the money!

Thanks for any help!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarek3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sarek3 View Post
I went to the Opera Store and bought Joikuspot Premium. Unfortunatelly that does not run on the Nokia N900.
Yeah, it is possible that Joiku has stopped supporting the N900. You could send them a note and ask if they are willing to sell you a copy...

When I purchased my copy of Joikuspot, they provided the binary via their own private repository; the address of the repository was:

http://www.joikushop.com/joikuspot_maemo/

But that doesn't seem to be up right now.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Forget about any store and search with the Application-Manager!
Played my accu empty at the moment, but I can imagine that you can find some hotspot-software there.

You have the repository 'Extras'/Extras-devel enabled?

Edit: There seems to be a program called 'mobile hotspot' + 'qt mobile hotspot'...

Last edited by Micha1982; 2015-06-12 at 01:34.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Micha1982 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Micha1982 View Post
Forget about any store and search with the Application-Manager!
Well, yes, there are alternatives to Joikuspot. In particular, mobilehotspot / qtmobilehotspot. However, these are not quite "fire and forget" apps; they require a bit more setup and maintenance than Joikuspot does. But yeah, they may be the only options available at this time...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Please go for qt mobile hotspot. The other has some flaw but I do not remember what was the problem.

About providing info:
copernicus said all that that is to say.
This is a forum driven by enthusiasts, not professionals. In their free time, not getting paid but paying instead (time and money).
As Maemo is no more a trademark of a company but of the community there will be no manpower regarding support of such probs. And all of them need to be resolved 'privately'.
So go ahead and grab all info, put it in the appropriate place you think (wiki?), make it fool proof. And be prepared for folks questioning you: "it worked yesterday but today not, what can I do".

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 5, repositories