will this erase anything on my phone, i kinda know about flashing the device, but i want to simply turn on the phone and not restart anything in it. i dont want to Factory default

i am on 1.3

Last edited by Ermany; 2013-04-25 at 18:38.

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
i guess OP actually meant the power button doesn't feel as clicky anymore if i didn't just mis-interpreted. I am having the same problem where the button starts to sink a little

btw, plugging a N9 with PR1.3 to a charger should power it up (please correct me if i am wrong), as long as there's enough power to boot the phone

Last edited by Jeffrey04; 2013-04-25 at 18:39.

ya exactly, i need to turn the phone on...( i already have my new nokia n9 i just need some data contacts and such and plug it to my pc so i can see it, i have juice and power, just need to turn it on with software

The Led and charge is there, but its not actually TURNED ON

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Please do not let thedead1440's smiley confuse you. The advice is actually sound. Running flasher with just -R and nothing else will not flash anything but it will reboot the phone. That should result in turning it on.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Please do not let thedead1440's smiley confuse you. The advice is actually sound. Running flasher with just -R and nothing else will not flash anything but it will reboot the phone. That should result in turning it on.

Thank You, but im having trouble to find the installer for Flasher for Mac OS, the firmware link isn't working?

once i find it im sure ill get around it , im abit familiar with terminal codes if that helps

??? where can i download Flasher for the n9 with a Mac os X

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Sorry, no idea. As you've correctly observed, the link on the flashing page does not work. If all else fails, you can always download a Debian or Ubuntu CD and use the Linux version of Flasher in a live session.

Edit: Have you seen this thread? A link to a mirror page is in the first post. A Mac version of Flasher is the fourth download link from the top.

Last edited by pichlo; 2013-04-25 at 22:53.

any other links that would be available to download?
im strictly on a mac os. i really need Flasher For Mac,

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Originally Posted by Ermany View Post
i really need Flasher For Mac,
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Have you seen this thread? A link to a mirror page is in the first post. A Mac version of Flasher is the fourth download link from the top.
That edit was made before your post. I'm not sure they could have made that much easier, besides that it seems to me to be to be the fifth link.

The file itself is here, but please read through what people have put next time!

The Following User Says Thank You to Eztran For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by Ermany View Post
any other links that would be available to download?
im strictly on a mac os. i really need Flasher For Mac,
tablet-dev is mirrored elsewhere, for now you would want to download from this page http://skeiron.org/tablets-dev/maemo-dev-env-downloads/
for OS X, download MacFlasher_3.12.1.dmg