Active Topics

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
After installing the symbian anna icons yesterday my n900 went crazy, and it says that cssu is not installed. i ckecked in settings and that cssu thing in settings is missing. so i decided to reflash and i restored a backup. luckily all my current setings were remembered specially cos i couldnt be bothered going through all the trouble with qbw and stuff cos i had moded the phone quite a bit.anyway....everything was going fine with the newly flashed n900, but then i want to put a reboot button on the power button and xterminal was only show not even a quarter of wats on the power button. then i go into to appman to download an app and it says before i can download anything, that the cssu is not installed again!

now i think it has something to do with either symbian anna icon set or filebox, but im not 100% sure.

does this mean i have to flash the n900 as well as the mmc? is there no solution so i dont have to flash?

your help would be greatly appreciated.

Peace!

does anybody have any ideas? or can anyone help maybe?

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Have you got a backup from before you installed the cssu, if so I'd advise you restore to that and then try installing the cssu from scratch

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post
After installing the symbian anna icons yesterday my n900 went crazy, and it says that cssu is not installed. i ckecked in settings and that cssu thing in settings is missing. so i decided to reflash and i restored a backup. luckily all my current setings were remembered specially cos i couldnt be bothered going through all the trouble with qbw and stuff cos i had moded the phone quite a bit.anyway....everything was going fine with the newly flashed n900, but then i want to put a reboot button on the power button and xterminal was only show not even a quarter of wats on the power button. then i go into to appman to download an app and it says before i can download anything, that the cssu is not installed again!

now i think it has something to do with either symbian anna icon set or filebox, but im not 100% sure.

does this mean i have to flash the n900 as well as the mmc? is there no solution so i dont have to flash?

your help would be greatly appreciated.

Peace!

your power button is not the same now as it was before ?
right ?
it happened with me too when i first started to add the reboot button .
at first i got no clue and i flashed my n900 and then again second time it happened with me then i think i think i just undo every thing i done and i got my power menu back in it's original shape.

i did that already and started putting back to the way it was before it started going crazy, but it did the same thing.....now im going crazy!

thanks for the suggestion

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
and the cssu thingy , try reinstalling cssu , first check if it is showing remove application list in app manager , if it is then uninstall it .
and then again install it.