Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Saint Paul, mn
I have never gotten fbreader to work right. Someone tells me that clicking in the lower third of an open book will scroll the book...but that didn't work. So I uninstalled and pulled a 'rm -rf .Fbreader' and reinstalled.

Now when I launch, I see the app for a second before it goes away. Ebook reading is important to me. please help.

Try running fbreader from a terminal, you may get some error messages.

The Following User Says Thank You to paulkoan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Saint Paul, mn
FBReader[5171]: GLIB WARNING ** Gtk - gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -24 and height 0
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by gpmartinson View Post
FBReader[5171]: GLIB WARNING ** Gtk - gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -24 and height 0
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
gpmartinson: Did you ever solution for this? I started getting this same error tonight. I downloaded a couple of Cory Doctorow books from www.feedbooks.com. I uploaded to the device, opened the books to add in to FBreader and uploaded some podcasts to listen to (I work nights). Oh, and I also installed mediabox, one of the themes and mediabox-youtube.

I got to work and FBreader failed with the above error. I uninstalled the mediabox packages and rebooted, and uninstalled and reinstalled FBreader, and am still getting thet GLIB warning.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--vr

Last edited by VulcanRidr; 2009-07-30 at 06:23.

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Ok folks,

I found it. Here is how I managed to fix the error:
  1. Open a terminal window (root is not necessary).
  2. cd /home/user/.FBReader
  3. rm state.xml

When you reopen FBreader, it should open normally. The brute force method would be to remove the .FBreader directory and then reopen FBreader, but then it would delete all of your settings, including, I think, your bookmarks in whatever books you have open.

Hope that helps someone...

--vr

The Following User Says Thank You to VulcanRidr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Turkiye
something like this happened at me too
it was working just when i become root in terminal and run fbreader

i had changed root password so i set back root password to "rootme" then it was fixed.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Ho Chi Minh City
I have a bug with FBReader.
when I access to Library on FBReader , the program run out, quite with no message notice. I remove and reinstall it, no change. I reflash OS, install FBReader, make library and the trouble return.
How to fix it
Who help me please