I've been losing my sound volume on the ear speaker while I'm on calls. It suddenly goes really quiet, like an amplifier is blown (i.e. <10% normal volume), and then (usually) comes back again. I'm fairly certain I'm not moving my ear relative to the speaker, and unless I'm crazy, it's sometimes tied to the angle of the phone: if I cradle the phone with my shoulder, it cuts out, then if I grab it with my hand, it comes back.

My coworker says his phone just started doing the same thing, but I've talked to several other N900 users and they all think I'm crazy, and I can't find any similar reports on google. Could we have gotten a bad production run? Anyone have similar issues?

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
I believe there was a similar thread on here a little time ago so I don't thihk you are loosing it. Try search and see if there is a resolution on there.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
You are not grazy...I'm having similar issues here. :-) Please link the correct thread here if ya find it (the one discussing about this issue). I will do it too if I find it first.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I do not want to throw any more FUD into this thread, but I've noticed the same happening rarely when listening music from my BT headphones. Didn't think that much about it, but I'll have to do a simple search now. Thanks.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
The phone speaker case - a hw issue?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...peaker+problem

My phone works fine with headphones (wired).

https://bugs.maemo.org/votes.cgi?act...ug&bug_id=6063
it may be hardware or software problem
my unit was fixed by nokia, seems loosy cables bu YMMV