Qole,

What if I keep the first partition a 128 MB SWAP partition? Shouldn't that prevent Maemo from trying to mount it?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I don't know... Best practice is to have a mountable FAT partition so that Maemo has something to mount.

Ok. I have bunzip2'ed the basic-debian-chroot-fs.tar.bz2 so it is a tar. I am unable to tar -xvfp *.tar it to extract the tar with the same permissions. How do I go about doing this? Thanks for answering such a basic question.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
johndoe: Make sure you are extracting from the tar as root. That is essential.

I am extracting as root, but the tar -pxvf command doesn't seem to extract (or any combination). Would you recommend extracting on another computer and moving? Or is their an easier command to extract?

johndoe: I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but I'm pretty sure you're doing something wrong. Here are the steps again:

1: partition / format your card with at least a small FAT partition and a big ext2 partition. (you can have a swap partition too, and more than one ext2 partition)
2: mount the big ext2 partition on /debian
(e.g.: qmount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /debian )
3: extract the rootfs into the partition mounted on /debian
( cd /debian ; tar xvf /media/mmc1/big-rootfs.tar )
4: unmount the partition
( qumount /debian )
5: run the "debian" command to remount the partition and chroot into it.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Hi! Can you help me? Earlier in EasyDebian was ability to move large windows by pressing "Menu" hardware key(N810), but it vanishes from some moment. How to enable it again?

shanti: I just checked, you are right, somehow that configuration got lost in the latest version! See, this is what beta-testing is all about. Next version will have this again.

For now, here's how to get it working again.

Edit this file: /home/user/.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml

Find the section:

<!-- Keybindings for windows -->

Add the lines:

<keybind key="F4">
<action name="Move"/>
</keybind>

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ italy
hi qole!! I'm successfully using from a while your easydebian package; it's very useful and bring maemo4 to a complete desktop experience!

now, i saw that your package in fremantle, have a method to uniform easydeb apps with the maemo theme; how did you do that?
i use the frediablo theme with the menu tweak and it's very similar to maemo5 how can i imp;lement the debian theme like in maemo5???

thx a lot!!!

I am currently using the MurrinaNightOrange theme in LXDE. It looks very Fremantle-like

Tags
debian, easy debian, extras-devel, free