Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Hopefully quick question...

I got my N9 last week and I appear to not be being notified of application updates in the UI automatically and am wondering if there is some setting I have missed.

Basically I go into Manage Application and Updates and there is nothing there, I hit refresh and there is still nothing there...

However if I go into the store and view "My Stuff" and then go to all downloads sure enough there are applications which have the word UPDATE next to them. If I click the application I get a button to update which after clicking the update then shows up in the manage applications update screen...

What gives - I have seen screen shots which show "n application updates" on the lockscreen... Is there a setting which controls this automatic update?

I am currently on firmware 10.2011.34-1_PR_005 and am impatiently waiting PR1.1...

Thanks.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
this has started to happen to me, but Ive got updates in update screen before

The only one I got was the developer mode sdk update that came out several days ago. Today I went into the store and saw that 5+ applications had the word update next to them so I went in and updated them manually...

None of them showed up in the updates until after I clicked update in the store...

This has never worked for me. I was wondering why they don't show up. The only time I've seen something there was immediately after updating to PR1.1. Nothing before or after. I wonder if it has something to do with "install from other sources"-setting?

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
have the same issue, and when tried to update thru apt-get update didn't work for me, said nokia repo (it's not the same for every phone, as mine has /005 in it) returned 404, but i updated pr with PC suite at all =)

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Same here. Hmmm, when I went to the Nokia Store on my N9 and started to manually update FMobi, I suddenly received a Software Update in my notification screen.

Could it be anything to do with the Nokia account settings? That's the only other thing I changed. It was not set to sync before, but not it is?

I have the same issue.

I still have not received the system update but I also noticed that applications I have downloaded are not listed either.

I installed gPodder and then saw the dents that it was upgraded to 3.0. I never got the notice through Updates.

I tried the refresh button both while connected to my wireless network and while connected to phone company. No difference.

It may be that I am in USA but not sure why that would be an issue.

Here is another issue I am seeing:

I go to Store, tap on My Stuff, tap on "All downloads", tap on an existing application.

Sometimes it states that the application is not installed and shows the "download" button even though I know it is. I go back one, tap on the same app again and it states it IS installed and displays the "Launch" button.

Strange...

Last edited by dastagg; 2011-11-12 at 15:52. Reason: Update with another issue

Originally Posted by jer006 View Post
Hopefully quick question...

I got my N9 last week and I appear to not be being notified of application updates in the UI automatically and am wondering if there is some setting I have missed.

Basically I go into Manage Application and Updates and there is nothing there, I hit refresh and there is still nothing there...

However if I go into the store and view "My Stuff" and then go to all downloads sure enough there are applications which have the word UPDATE next to them. If I click the application I get a button to update which after clicking the update then shows up in the manage applications update screen...

What gives - I have seen screen shots which show "n application updates" on the lockscreen... Is there a setting which controls this automatic update?

I am currently on firmware 10.2011.34-1_PR_005 and am impatiently waiting PR1.1...

Thanks.
I have this variant of the firmware too and was able to update using Nokia Software Updater. However, I can't seem to add more maps other than the USA after the update.

Yeah I think the store still has some issues as I had trouble reinstalling my apps after using NSU to update to PR1.1 - I initially got a "could not find download" error and then after that I would get download errors when I was installing a bunch of apps at once.

I have a 005 variant and its in the US, I would hope thats nothing to do with it... Its not a deal breaker but it is frustrating that I do not get update notifications - sad but I always look forward to these!

I may open a thread on the official support forums and see what they say...

I do not have the maps issue however... I did the NSU update and am still able to get other maps after the update.