Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Actually, I just found this on the Harmattan Bugzilla - it seems that bluetooth keyboard support is a not-officially-supported gconf setting that someone snuck in (akin to landscape homescreens):

There are some glitches where vkbs have to stay open to avoid losing focus (it doesn't change the same flag as having the hwkb open on the N950 I guess)

n.b. haven't actually tried this myself, just reading bug reports!
See this thread....
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4828&page=4

Anybody can recommend a good bluetooth keyboard? Been browsing dealextreme and other gadget sites, but hard to say if they are any good. Some slider iphone keyboard seemed like interesting concept, but probably doesn't fit. Main thing is to be able to use it on the go, so there should be somekinda support for the phone and the naturally the feel of the keys should be good for fast typing.

Dinovo Mini seems like one option, but it's kinda pricey.. just so broke after the phone, but ircing is such a pita on the vkb, good as it may be.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
See the accessories thread in my sig.
Last few posts there's been some suggestions.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
See the accessories thread in my sig.
Last few posts there's been some suggestions.
Thanks mate! That NFC keyboard seemed pretty awesome idea, but not quite what I'm looking for, none of the other suggestions seemed that interesting. I'll keep looking and I'll be sure to post there if I decide to buy some.

The Following User Says Thank You to PortaDiFerro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by PortaDiFerro View Post
Thanks mate! That NFC keyboard seemed pretty awesome idea, but not quite what I'm looking for, none of the other suggestions seemed that interesting. I'll keep looking and I'll be sure to post there if I decide to buy some.
I like the look of the NFC keyboard and I'm sure some other good candidates will be found that will meet ppls need. The problem I'm having with btkb + N9 is that once the vkb is swiped off the screen so that the terminal is full screen, you cannot enter what your typing. For me this defeats the purpose of using an external keyboard -having the larger full screen to work with. Indeed, using an external keyboard, with the full screen available, gives you as much visible space to work with as that obtained by a vkb on a device having, roughly, an inch bigger screen. I hope a developer can address this...

Last edited by mscion; 2012-01-12 at 17:21. Reason: clarification...

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
I got the mini bluetooth keyboard. The fn keys don't work, just as on many other models. But I found a workaround. It needs the hid_apple driver to work properly, so it needs the openmode kernel compiled with

Code:
CONFIG_HID_APPLE=y
Tested this on Arch Linux and Debian, but I neeed a tutorial to properly compile the kernel. If you are willing to help, please PM me or post a tutorial.

Last edited by YavkatA; 2012-03-27 at 01:24.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
After further testing I cannot fully recomend the ultraslim btkb at this point. While I can make characters like @,#,$,%,... which are made with the shift key + some number, for some reason, the key commands that depend on Fn + other key for making {,},[,],',",\, esc, and so forth do not work. Perhaps it is a problem with my unit.

However, the Magic-Pro BT-Touch2 will produce all these characters. It also has a touch pad. I think it is controlling the motion of a cursor on the N9 but it is not visible. For example if I tap on the touch pad when am looking at the application screen it does start up an app. I just can't control which app it starts up! It would be really cool if a cursor could be made functional. Further, if one could integtrate swipe on N9 with a swipe motion on the touch pad that would be awesome!

Oh yeah that would be awesome an app called N900 mouse cursor. And we can activate it by swiping the touchpad on the magic pro.
I have the original magic-pro BT keyboard but here is the second generation one on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Pro-BT-T.../dp/B004YR56LI

I tried pairing my magic-pro on pr 1.1 and it worked fine. When i found out the arrows keys from mes input keyboards worked on pr 1.2 I dropped the idea of using the magic-pro BT keyboard but sadly the arrow keys are not working for a lot of things. Many text input sites arrow keys don't work on firefox and also in sms arrow keys don't work.
I have not tried to pair my kb since I updated to pr 1.2

edit: just tried it and whatever they did in pr 1.2 it no longer works. It pairs if you initiate the pairing on the N9 then type in the code you see on the screen on the keyboard and hit enter but then there is no result when you type.

Last edited by aironeous; 2012-03-27 at 04:22.

Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
I can confirm I'm also having pairing problems.

I have a bluetooth mini keyboard that works fine on all other phones / devices. This n9 though, i will pair it, put in the passkey successfully, the N9 says its paired, but pressing the keys on the keyboard does nothing, and the bluetooth keyboard still says it hasn't been paired (blue light still flashing)
Same here with the magic pro
and i already tried step 7 at http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/11/...h-keyboard-n9/

Last edited by aironeous; 2012-03-27 at 04:36.

The app in the store called BT input solved my problem. I can now pair the TK-421 meant for the iphone to my N9. I will now modify it to fit a cheap black case I got off of ebay.

The Following User Says Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Hi everybody, someone knows if a thing like this
http://www.ebay.it/itm/Bluetooth-wir...item2318e49755 can work? I've got PR 1.3. I'm not interested in mini keyboards.
Thanks