Notices

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
I do also use the patched FMTXD file to power up the fm-transmitter, also i use the wider freq range.
If you can find a way to intergrate this is your instalation/setup then it is perfect!!!

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by N900@900MHz View Post
Suggestion: i like the idea to have some FM presets, also the widget is ment to be for use with FM-transmitter, so let the bluetooth function/button out and replace this with a preset button..
For bluetooth we already have bluezwitch...
Hehe, no the bluetooth button isn't there by accident or because I desperately wanted to fill the right side with a button. It's there because I need it to connect to my bluetooth headset.

Would 2 presets be enough for you?

I do also use the patched FMTXD file to power up the fm-transmitter, also i use the wider freq range.
If you can find a way to intergrate this is your instalation/setup then it is perfect!!!
I won't integrate the patched fmtxd into the installation - I guess people don't want to install a widget that replaces system files. What people are asking for is to integrate the FM Boost script. Ether I will call it like "Simple FMTX Widget" does or I will integrate its functionality into FFM. Usage will be selectable from the settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to percy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ lisbon, portugal
HI. finnaly. I think we both add the same idea, integrating several actions into the same widget.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70305 (I did it in python...)

I like your's better.
One other VERY Interesting and usable 'thing' I'dd like to add was FMcarKit. But the developer has never answerd me and the source code is not available. I do have an earlier source code versions but I can't tell if they are the working ones.

I also see that you're doing-it in C(or c+++++++) so, if you need anything from me (I did a kind of homework while investigating) I'll be happy to share the code (you would have to adapt).
I aslo tryed to overcome the 8 Char limitation on the RDS Station name by "tickering" the strings sent do RDS, unfortunantly my python threads knowllege was not that good (but it works in theory).

Thanks

Originally Posted by percy View Post
Hehe, no the bluetooth button isn't there by accident or because I desperately wanted to fill the right side with a button. It's there because I need it to connect to my bluetooth headset.

Would 2 presets be enough for you?

I won't integrate the patched fmtxd into the installation - I guess people don't want to install a widget that replaces system files. What people are asking for is to integrate the FM Boost script. Ether I will call it like "Simple FMTX Widget" does or I will integrate its functionality into FFM. Usage will be selectable from the settings.
2 or 3 presets is nice.
Will the FM-boost script effect the usage of the patched FMTXD file?
About the bluetooth button, it's nice but the widget is meanly ment for FM??? I prefer a widget that is ment for one subject.
Or as idea,create a multi purpose widget, with FM/Bluetooth/Mediaplayer functionality, i would like something like that.

Will the FM-boost script effect the usage of the patched FMTXD file?
Or as idea,create a multi purpose widget, with FM/Bluetooth/Mediaplayer functionality, i would like something like that.
I will make the FM Boost script optional as I also don't need it for myself.

If you want a multi purpose widget take a look at the posting before yours. Maybe you can help out testing it as it seems not to be completely finished yet.

Originally Posted by trlopes1974 View Post
HI. finnaly. I think we both add the same idea, integrating several actions into the same widget.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70305 (I did it in python...)

I like your's better.
One other VERY Interesting and usable 'thing' I'dd like to add was FMcarKit. But the developer has never answerd me and the source code is not available. I do have an earlier source code versions but I can't tell if they are the working ones.

I also see that you're doing-it in C(or c+++++++) so, if you need anything from me (I did a kind of homework while investigating) I'll be happy to share the code (you would have to adapt).
I aslo tryed to overcome the 8 Char limitation on the RDS Station name by "tickering" the strings sent do RDS, unfortunantly my python threads knowllege was not that good (but it works in theory).

Thanks
I read your article at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70305 is seems very promising,where can i get it? Is it in the repo? I'm willing to test it.
At the moment my N900 is in repair, one speaker does not function. It is still under warrenty

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Not sure if anyone else has this issue but the Bluetooth switch on mine is centred rather than aligned right....

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
Any ideas?
I am taking the width and height of the upper background image to calculate the position of the icon.

That's a file called 'MediaPlayerAppletHead.png' in the images folder of your current theme. For the default Nseries theme this image has a size of 338x83 pixels. I guess yours has a much smaller width.

Could you check this and in case I am right resize it to be 338 pixels wide?

The Following User Says Thank You to percy For This Useful Post:
I guess it won't be trivial to integrate this functionality. As my time is rare don't expect this to be in FFM any time soon.

RDS in on my todo list. I will see what FM RDS Notify does and how it is done and then decide what I am going to implement myself. But "tickering" sounds nice... if it doesn't cost too much CPU or battery respectively.

For me two presets would be enough. Here a photoshop mock-up:

The preset symbol could be highlightet if the actual frequency matches the stored preset. So if you manually change the frequency and pass a stored one, the preset button begins to glow or chances color.

Tags
friendly fm