Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2014 @ San Diego, California
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Not yet. The first Symbian release will only support Anna/Belle. Later, I'll look at supporting S60 3rd/5th Edition.

Well that is excellent news!

Not yet. The first Symbian release will only support Anna/Belle. Later, I'll look at supporting S60 3rd/5th Edition.
~
You have a prediction for when it will launch?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Nuegueba_ View Post
You have a prediction for when it will launch?
It's hard to say. I don't know for certain what obstacles lie ahead. I haven't targetted S60 3rd/5th Edition before. I know the latest Qt version for S60 3rd Edition is 4.6.3. That shouldn't be a problem, but there could be bugs/limitations that I'm not aware of.

There are also some APIs that I'm not familiar with, such as utilising the Back/Menu buttons, how the application menu is populated etc. Maybe it's similar to Maemo5 and can be done entirely in Qt, or maybe it's totally different and I need to use native Symbian C++ APIs (I suspect the latter).

After I write the code, I need to find and install the toolchains for S60 3rd/5th Edition, then work through any build issues. Finally I have to test the application, except I don't have any S60 3rd/5th Edition devices.

I'm OK with all that. What really bugs me is that I have to do it in Windoze.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
@marxian Let me know if there are any resources you need, because i have almost all of the v3/v5 resources and SDKs (v3.0, v3.2, v5 and N97) available in my Drive, along with the Nokia Qt SDKs compatible with v3 and v5 (1.1.1/1.1.2) in your Linux preference
i also have a v3.2 320x240 res device for beta testing (sorry, no 240x320 though).

The Following User Says Thank You to matthewkuhl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
I don't have a Jolla device, and the emulator is a bit slow on my relatively old desktop hardware (plus I only have 2GB RAM, so my swap partition gets hammered).

The source is on GitHub, so anyone that is interested can do it.
What kind of RAM do you need? I'm sure we've all got spare sticks of RAM we're not using.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
QT 4.7.3 for symbian:

S^3 support libraries:
http://trackaway.org/index.php/s-3-support-libraries

S60v5 support libraries:
http://trackaway.org/index.php/s60v5-support-libraries

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
I'm having "Could not decode media source" error on various stations for the Philippines. One sample is DZRH MBC - Manila. Is this an error on the app or on the station's side?
I don't normally use internet radio, just tested this app. Thanks marxian

EDIT: Wait, I just found that there's an update, will update first then report back. Thanks!

EDIT2: The error is still there.

Last edited by vetsin; 2014-06-08 at 14:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Symbian ^3 version is ready.

You can download it from http://marxoft.co.uk/cuteradio/symbian/

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
I'm having "Could not decode media source" error on various stations for the Philippines. One sample is DZRH MBC - Manila. Is this an error on the app or on the station's side?
I don't normally use internet radio, just tested this app. Thanks marxian

EDIT: Wait, I just found that there's an update, will update first then report back. Thanks!

EDIT2: The error is still there.
I get the same error, except in the Symbian version, which uses QtMultimediaKit instead of Phonon, so it looks like some codec issue with Phonon.

My website

GitHub

Symbian ^3 version is ready.
You added keyboard and D-pad support! Amazing work - thank you so much

The Following User Says Thank You to matthewkuhl For This Useful Post:

Tags
internet, radio