Active Topics

Has any else noticed since upgrading to 36-5 things like transmission have become completely useless. It seems as thouh whenever the screen goes off, or when another app is given the foreground proocess, the transmission process is put into a suspended state.

Is there any new overly agresive memory/process managment gone into 36-5? and can it be adjusted? or transmission adapted to it?

Thanks.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by HuwSy View Post
things like transmission
What other things? And what do you mean by transmission?

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
I think he means the torrent client.

The Following User Says Thank You to D'ohboy For This Useful Post:
ye transmission torrent. It also tends to sleep file manager whenever its put to the background even if its mid file copy pausing it and wastin time while i forget that its happened. for now iv just reverted back a version of diablo as i only tend to use the nit anymore for torrent seeding.

hmm, i sometimes left the tablet downloading something overnight, so I have something to listen on the way to work, and I have a friend who is constantly downloading something on his tablet, never a problem for us...

hum... strange. anyone any ideas as to what i can do to workout what else is going on? as iv tried both uprading and reflashing to the new os and both times it left me with a nit that cand download without me preventing it from turnin th display off let alone locking.

The one that got me, was trying to play music in the background while running mapper. The music player would get suspended.

The lightest weight music player I have is YouAmp. It lasts maybe 5 minutes until it gets suspended while running mapper in the foreground.

Annoying on long trips.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Hargoth View Post
The lightest weight music player I have is YouAmp. It lasts maybe 5 minutes until it gets suspended while running mapper in the foreground.
MPD + MMPC ftw

Is there no command to override this "feature" either in programming the app or ran after compilation, like chaneing the nice level?

Tags
background, memory, priority, process, sleep