Active Topics

Originally Posted by mike2k4 View Post
Its so much easier and faster to use "nano" instead of vi.
For you. Not for everyone.

The Following User Says Thank You to j.s For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by on3st4b View Post
there are some options bout turning off the tracker , but that whould suck .
there is also an option bout the tracker priorety 0->20 but its already set to lowest .
It is set to 0, which is the fastest. Read the comment in the file. It is a throttle setting.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
You don't need to manually remove the databases and restart the phone after modifying the configuration. Instead do:

~ $ tracker-processes -r
~ $ /usr/lib/tracker/trackerd -r &

This has the same effect: stop running tracker, remove databases and start a reindex.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to demiurgus For This Useful Post:
Does anyone know if its possible to just restrict images from looking in /home/user/.sounds/Music as its indexing all the album art?

Thanks

Scott

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by slewis1972 View Post
Does anyone know if its possible to just restrict images from looking in /home/user/.sounds/Music as its indexing all the album art?
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8165#c7

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by slewis1972 View Post

Thanks

Scott
There is a variable in tracker.cfg - NoIndexFileTypes - that supposedly blocks indexing of files specified by glob pattern, but I haven't really been able to make it work, but you can try that one and perhaps you have more luck.

guys can any one please help me how to execute this operation.. I am not able to delete files in my media player. but there is no such files in hard drive. Please can any one help me with this. I am trying to do action the same procedure in as mentioned above in X_terminal, viz not working at all.. PLease help me

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Hungary
Hello guys, I've got a really big issue.
I would like to record videos with this phone, but when I start recording, this ****ing ******* starts a tracker indexer, and rebuilds the whole mother****ing database. This means the video is 0FPS after 6 seconds and 100% percent CPU load.
What can I do? I've killed the tracking processes after copying videos on USB, I don't have time, now I can't do even one, because it wants to track first.
Is there an application to turn off and on the tracking process completely?
Because I use it, I like, but I ****ing want to use the phone, then watch the videos.

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by quailstorm View Post
Hello guys, I've got a really big issue.
I would like to record videos with this phone, but when I start recording, this ****ing ******* starts a tracker indexer, and rebuilds the whole mother****ing database. This means the video is 0FPS after 6 seconds and 100% percent CPU load.
What can I do? I've killed the tracking processes after copying videos on USB, I don't have time, now I can't do even one, because it wants to track first.
Is there an application to turn off and on the tracking process completely?
Because I use it, I like, but I ****ing want to use the phone, then watch the videos.
Try tracker cfg
you can disable indexing using it or put some directory you copy your videos into no watch list so that tracker doesn't scan it

The Following User Says Thank You to raaj13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Hungary
Still there isn't a GUI for this? That's a shame... I can't even delete mp4 videos, it freezes the phone, completely. It looks like I will have to buy a new screen, or a new N900...
I hate when a phone does not respond for ages.

Tags
media library, performance, tracker