Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Please, you do some research. I'm not the one who is claiming that pc's are the ultimate hacking phones. Rock solid statements right? And weren't you saying there is no difference between the multitasking of android and maemo/meego? LOL. After that I knew that you were not a person to be paid attention to.
such a shame that you research so much but yet you don't know anything.

and you should be the one apologizing for subverting the community. because of people like you, this community is splitting day by day.
I just sense a lot of tension in your reply. I think you should start by calming down. Internet rage won't do you any good. I think you, being this mad, did not quite understand the point and I am not going to write it again since this is a forum and whatever is written here can be re-read.

Again istalling different software does not make
Please take your time and type without raging with the power of a thousand suns. Yes, that's basically the point of a hackers device. Install whatever fits your needs and do whatever you want with it without being constrained by any closed hw/sw. This was discussed early in this thread but it seems you misread that too.

I claim that there are many alternatives to the N900 device, that was the whole point of the thread if you didn't catch that. Throwing in more devices solidify my point. The HTC Shift is a PHONE, inside the main OS which is Windows Mobile you have all phone functions available. The whole point was that this PHONE morphs into a notebook device within a press of a button but it seems again you didn't check this information.

Also, I never stated that there is no difference between Android and Meego/Maemo multitasking. I just stated that Android's multitasking is just as good as the M/M's multitasking, but hell, it's not as good, it's even better, and I have my BASED reasons to say that, but it would be off-topic.

This community is not based on devices, this community is not only based on the N900 and N9 users, and guess what, I never seen a N800, N810 or other maemo based tablet user jumping in a fight like you do. Why? Because that is just a tablet, they use that only as a tablet, maybe as a phone they use a Lumia, or Samsung or why not even a Nokia 1100?

Please, I am asking you again, calm down, there is no need for internet rage on a forum with a person you don't even know IRL. I think you need a time-out.

To be fair, Theo Purple did not say ultimate hacking phone, he said device. And fair enough, I can do much more hacking on my 2.8 GHz Intel Pentium 4 laptop from 2004 than on my 600 MHz ARM Cortex A8 phone from 2009.
I am sorry to inform you, but the HTC Shift is a PHONE, not a laptop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xAfSZieWMM

Please enjoy some real multi-os multitasking.

Originally Posted by Lomax View Post

How about the Pandora?
How about a clamshell Zaurus like the SL-C1000?

I got mine running fluxbox 1.0, and I can have any number of workspaces running multiple applications simultaneously that I can switch to immediately, a multitasking feat only equalled with the N900.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by malfunctioning View Post
How about a clamshell Zaurus
You know I was going to mention the good old Zaurus, fantastic devices in their time - and for a long time after! Nice to see yours is still in use! Have you looked at the Pandora? In many ways it's a lot like an updated version of the Zaurus - with added gamepad controls.

Specifications
  • 1GHz (+ overclock support) ARM Cortex A8
  • PowerVR SGX GPU with OpenGL ES 2.0 support
  • 512MB DDR SDRAM RAM and 512MB internal NAND storage
  • 4.3-inch 800x480 touchscreen TFT-LCD
  • Stereo speakers, analogue volume wheel, microphone, high-quality DAC
  • QWERTY keyboard, gaming controls, dual analogue
  • 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
  • USB On-The-Go + full-sized USB 2.0 host port
  • Two SDHC/SDXC compatible SD slots
  • 4200mAh lithium-ion polymer battery, 10 hour battery life

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
To be fair, Theo Purple did not say ultimate hacking phone, he said device. And fair enough, I can do much more hacking on my 2.8 GHz Intel Pentium 4 laptop from 2004 than on my 600 MHz ARM Cortex A8 phone from 2009.
That was my point but again i am misunderstood. You can't compare a pc with an arm device.
he didn't say phone but he was claiming that a phone was the ultimate hacking device. Now he is adding other devices whereas he was exalting the ultimate htc universal a few posts ago.

Originally Posted by PurpleXS8 View Post
I claim that there are many alternatives to the N900 device, that was the whole point of the thread if you didn't catch that. Throwing in more devices solidify my point. The HTC Shift is a PHONE, inside the main OS which is Windows Mobile you have all phone functions available. The whole point was that this PHONE morphs into a notebook device within a press of a button but it seems again you didn't check this information.
No one states the opposite. No one said the n900 is the one and only hack device. But htc universal is definitely cannot come close to what n900 can do.
having phone functions does not make that device a smartphone. then we should also call laptops that have telephony functions phones right? you cannot compare that with an arm based smartphone and again, booting lots of os's does not make a device ultimate hacking device. then i must be the ultimate hacker since i can boot pretty much anything that's based on x86 on my laptop. regarding htc hd2, as you said it has lots of vulnerabilites which nokia don't allow. But still that doesn't make it a ultimate hacking device. It depends on what you mean by hacking.

Also, I never stated that there is no difference between Android and Meego/Maemo multitasking. I just stated that Android's multitasking is just as good as the M/M's multitasking, but hell, it's not as good, it's even better, and I have my BASED reasons to say that, but it would be off-topic.
yeap you stated that they are pretty much the same. sadly, those statements were gone with a cleanup at this thread.
Base it on anything, Android multitasking is nowhere near maemo and meego. Floating windows, desktop modes or other mods does not prove the opposite. The farest place that android came (with superior hardware) in multitasking is the one that symbian did for almost a decade with very poor hardware.

This community is not based on devices, this community is not only based on the N900 and N9 users, and guess what, I never seen a N800, N810 or other maemo based tablet user jumping in a fight like you do. Why? Because that is just a tablet, they use that only as a tablet, maybe as a phone they use a Lumia, or Samsung or why not even a Nokia 1100?
I've used an N900, seen it on action. me not owning one doesn't mean that i can't jump in and make comments. It's peoples choice wether or not to interfere regardless of what they own. And who based it on devices? Last i checked this community was about maemo and meego discussion. The devices that use those os's are 770, n800, n810, n900, n950 and n9. There are also alternatives and off topic section to the forum so people can talk freely about other stuff. Like we are doing right now. If you are implying that i'm against that you are making a mistake as you are wrong about those tablets.
look what i found: http://www.walkernews.net/2007/02/21...th-silica-pda/
http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/09/s...od-at-its-job/

I am sorry to inform you, but the HTC Shift is a PHONE, not a laptop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xAfSZieWMM
Please enjoy some real multi-os multitasking.
i enjoyed it alot. this is not the same thing but still it's an os:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unGRZBBwwSk

Last edited by Artyom; 2013-08-13 at 09:57.

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
I've used an N900, seen it on action. me not owning one doesn't mean that i can't jump in and make comments. It's peoples choice wether or not to interfere regardless of what they own. And who based it on devices? Last i checked this community was about maemo and meego discussion. The devices that use those os's are 770, n800, n810, n900, n950 and n9. There are also alternatives and off topic section to the forum so people can talk freely about other stuff. Like we are doing right now.
You still didn't calm down. I told you. Please calm down before making any more comments. This paragraph right here was enough to prove me that your replies are based on fairy tales and Wikipedia articles.

Right now, you are just like this: You just read and believe whatever you read. This is just like religion, you never see any facts but you believe because the holy users of Maemo told you to do this.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
who are you TC, anyway?

got me confused. you changed your nickname to your old one.

but, you said... you insisted...

oh wth, just go away troll. begone!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
You still didn't calm down. I told you. Please calm down before making any more comments.
Those are the words of a very calm person, right?

Poor old Artyom is making a huge mistake. He is actually taking you seriously and is trying to reason with you. But some people are impermeable to arguments. They just know they are right.

You had a potential. You've made a few good contributions to this forum. But you blew it.

Such a shame that this thread has fallen in to dis-array so soon.

I have owned a couple of HTC winCE devices in the past (T-Mobile SDA & MDA) and found them to be quite enjoyable devices for their time. Couldn't envisage buying another CE device for anything other than the novelty value these days.

If you ever do get debian running on that Ultimate Theo (providing the source packages are still there/guides are still relevant/someone left around who can offer support if help is needed/in a semi end-usable condition), please do post a video up, I would be interested in seeing it.

Tags
best device, device, hacker, htc universal, ultimate