Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by hotzigetty View Post
PM'd the Log.. Along with some new stuff that came up for the first time! (Had to send as two pm's so it's truncated)..
I only got 1, the first one. Sadly it seems to be truncated before any errors are reported. you could try again, or just use pastebin and link.
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

Originally Posted by dwould View Post
I only got 1, the first one. Sadly it seems to be truncated before any errors are reported. you could try again, or just use pastebin and link.
Oops.. Sent again..

PS: How's married life?

Originally Posted by hotzigetty View Post
Oops.. Sent again..

PS: How's married life?
Sorry, not sure if it's the private message feature cropping things, but that seemed to be just the json response to a list request.

try using pastebin.com to paste the whole thing.

extras-devel seems to have swallowed 0.3.6-8, at least it hadn't gone through as of yesterday, I haven't checked today.

Married life is great ;-) A shame to be back at work after Honeymoon though, having taken 3 weeks off work, it was not easy returning to real life.

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:

Originally Posted by dwould View Post
Sorry, not sure if it's the private message feature cropping things, but that seemed to be just the json response to a list request.

try using pastebin.com to paste the whole thing.

extras-devel seems to have swallowed 0.3.6-8, at least it hadn't gone through as of yesterday, I haven't checked today.

Married life is great ;-) A shame to be back at work after Honeymoon though, having taken 3 weeks off work, it was not easy returning to real life.
My phone crashed. I reset everything.. And now witter is working! Weird but awesome!!

I can't imagine going back to work.. although i'm bored of the break now!

hi m newbee in dis forum..
m getting unkown error.could smone rectify d bug..
attached here with is screen shot of d bug...while acessing witter
Attached Images

Originally Posted by atulril View Post
hi m newbee in dis forum..
m getting unkown error.could smone rectify d bug..
attached here with is screen shot of d bug...while acessing witter
that isn't a bug, it's an error telling you it can't find twitter. most likely a temporary network problem. are you getting this all the time? and only mentions? is this a regular twitter account or some compatible service?

Hi,
Thanks for continuing to support witter.

I've had an ongoing issue for many revisions (> month) with the timeline refresh never completing. I finally sat down to capture log and it's the same but.ly issue mentioned above - same exception

Once I unconfigured (blanked) my bit.ly configuration in witter timeline updates started working correctly :-)

I also have a couple of less significant issues - hopefully constructive

- when new messages arrive the backlight is switched on. if I leave witter running the phone may be in my pocket etc, and enabling the light is an unnecessary power drain. It ca nalso be distracting if left on table. The "n tweets received" in particular causes this
- gestures are useful to switch "view", but I tend to find them a little over-sensitive, though haven't turned them off yet. Perhaps a little more tolerance (not looked at code)
- notifications don't appear to "stack, so I frequently end up with 9+ yellow notifications with a variety of messages about new replies or DMs - whilst with email/SMS a count is updated in the existing notification only so it keeps the number under control
- if witter is exited notifications aren't removed (arguably this is intentional, just more frustrating due to above)
- If I'm scrolling up/down the timeline when new tweets come in (occurs frequently) the timeline jumps & the current position (tweet I'm reading) gets lost.
- At times (when busy/updating?) the timeline etc scroll is quite inconsistent even with nothing else running. At these times the "kinetic" scroll pretty much fails, only moving an article or two rather than 5+ a normal "flick" manages
- When reading it would sometimes be useful to use slightly more screen estate - optionally loosing the status bar & perhaps even removing the text entry field until a character was pressed (or at least reducing to one line) [more like old style?]

I am able to configure OAUTH successfully and after that I returned to main page and clicked on timeline and refresh the tweets are not getting updated. I tried tweet my self. On the title bar Witter(username)-timeline continuously loading. it doesnt stop at all. I ran through command line also and got the following debug on console.

closed timeline view
building stacked window with timeline view
defined stackable win
setting up treeview
setting cell wrap to 720
calling showall
running tasks: 2
sending tweet
reply to
Tweeting with location info
None
None
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/witter/witter.py", line 267, in enterPressed
result = self.activeAccount.newTweet(tweet, reply_to_name=self.reply_to_name, reply_to_id=self.reply_to)
File "/home/user/src/witter/fremantle/src/opt/witter/account/account.py", line 1045, in newTweet
File "/opt/witter/twitter.py", line 1683, in PostUpdate
raise TwitterError("The twitter.Api instance must be authenticated.")
twitter.TwitterError: The twitter.Api instance must be authenticated.

Originally Posted by prawin1111 View Post
I am able to configure OAUTH successfully and after that I returned to main page and clicked on timeline and refresh the tweets are not getting updated. I tried tweet my self. On the title bar Witter(username)-timeline continuously loading. it doesnt stop at all. I ran through command line also and got the following debug on console.

closed timeline view
building stacked window with timeline view
defined stackable win
setting up treeview
setting cell wrap to 720
calling showall
running tasks: 2
sending tweet
reply to
Tweeting with location info
None
None
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/witter/witter.py", line 267, in enterPressed
result = self.activeAccount.newTweet(tweet, reply_to_name=self.reply_to_name, reply_to_id=self.reply_to)
File "/home/user/src/witter/fremantle/src/opt/witter/account/account.py", line 1045, in newTweet
File "/opt/witter/twitter.py", line 1683, in PostUpdate
raise TwitterError("The twitter.Api instance must be authenticated.")
twitter.TwitterError: The twitter.Api instance must be authenticated.

You're missing the beginning of that log, the bit that would show whether witter thinks it created an authenticated api instance, and what it was using.
it looks like for some reason it hasn't picked up your account, can you confirm that when you re-start witter, it still shows your account details and shows it as a) active, and b) with oauth configured.

Originally Posted by planetf1 View Post
Hi,
Thanks for continuing to support witter.

I've had an ongoing issue for many revisions (> month) with the timeline refresh never completing. I finally sat down to capture log and it's the same but.ly issue mentioned above - same exception

Once I unconfigured (blanked) my bit.ly configuration in witter timeline updates started working correctly :-)
ok, I haven't gotten around to updating the bit.ly library I'm using, maybe they've fixed this, or maybe I just need to fix it myself.

I also have a couple of less significant issues - hopefully constructive

- when new messages arrive the backlight is switched on. if I leave witter running the phone may be in my pocket etc, and enabling the light is an unnecessary power drain. It ca nalso be distracting if left on table. The "n tweets received" in particular causes this
hmm, so transient notifications wake the screen? can't say I'd noticed. Are you saying that you never want these notifications for automatic refresh? or that you want me to some how figure out the screen is locked and to not issue them. (It would be nice if maemo just did 'the right thing' for me)

- gestures are useful to switch "view", but I tend to find them a little over-sensitive, though haven't turned them off yet. Perhaps a little more tolerance (not looked at code)
it's been a long time since I wrote that code, can't remember if I can set the threshold on how much of a move is considered a swipe. if I remember next time I'm in that area I'll see if it's possible to adjust sensitivity
- notifications don't appear to "stack, so I frequently end up with 9+ yellow notifications with a variety of messages about new replies or DMs - whilst with email/SMS a count is updated in the existing notification only so it keeps the number under control
I've love to know how to fix this, I foolishly assumed that maemo would automatically stack notifications of the same type from the same application. I've found no documentation to indicate how to make it do so, but if anyone wants to tell me how it's done, I'll happily fix this problem

- if witter is exited notifications aren't removed (arguably this is intentional, just more frustrating due to above)
It's not intentional, I have no idea how to do any different. again I would have assumed maemo would ditch notifications associated with an app when it closes, but perhaps it expects me to maintain some central list of them so that I can close them. Maybe (guessing) it expects me to keep a handle to notifications, and use that to update them if they still exist when I want to send another....which would be a rubbish way to do it.
- If I'm scrolling up/down the timeline when new tweets come in (occurs frequently) the timeline jumps & the current position (tweet I'm reading) gets lost.
this seems to be the nature of treeviews in pannable areas. I have no control over this, I didn't write any code to make it behave this way, it's just how the widget responds to getting new data added.
If you have the tweet you're reading selected, then you can use the up/down arrow to scroll and the timeline will scroll back to that point. I always select the top tweet before I refresh the timeline manually, so that I can easily scoll to the oldest of the new tweets by pressing arrow-up
- At times (when busy/updating?) the timeline etc scroll is quite inconsistent even with nothing else running. At these times the "kinetic" scroll pretty much fails, only moving an article or two rather than 5+ a normal "flick" manages
again, I have zero control over this behaviour, I get the exact same problem with kinetic scrolling in every built in app, including e-mail etc. perhaps it is more pronounced in longer lists, but basically built in kinetic scrolling is inconsistent. I have no reason to believe that me re-writing it from scratch would be any better. IT would be nice if nokia would put out updates that would make all the built in widgets perform better.
- When reading it would sometimes be useful to use slightly more screen estate - optionally loosing the status bar & perhaps even removing the text entry field until a character was pressed (or at least reducing to one line) [more like old style?]
I guess, maybe I could re-introduce full screen buttons, they got lost in the last major ui rejig. I found it was a pain to maintain the right state for what should be visible/maximized etc when you're switching between windows and views.
again it would be nice if there was just a system wide standard way of maximising/minimising apps.

Tags
python, twitter