Hi
I am considering getting an n900 but I would like to know whether I can do some of the things I do on my current phone. Can you download from rapidshare and unrar a file? Would I be able to download music from emusic.com.?

Jonathon

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
unrar yes
rapidshare yes but we have a torrent client too.
emusic dont know i use the torrent client if i need something

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Yes, you can download files from the internet (rapidshare) never been on emusic.com, but any thing you can download on a pc, you can download on the n900. And you can unzip files on the n900 by downloading a free app.

yes yes and yes

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Seabirch, welcome to the community. I would answer your question but it has already been answered so I will just welcome you in. I hope that the N900 meets your requirements.

my n900 can do many things my desktop and laptop can.
with overclocking and a very active and POWERFUL community of linux users, my n900 can do most of the things my desktop and laptop can.

for unrarring files, there are a couple of apps from the app manager to handle extracting files from within the file system. one is integrated in the File Manager, and one is a separate app.

for downloading files (like rar files from rapidshare), it is 100% possible, any type of file, you can download, but of course unsupported files are considered "?" by the N900. now speed will depend on your 3G/WiFi provider.

for downloading files from emusic.com, no need to answer. ^

for installing Android OS on the N900........................................