Notices

Hello all,

Long time lurker, new and infrequent poster.

Knowing how close to useless the built in email app (nokia messaging included) is on the n900, I was surprised the N900 port of trojita hasn't been mentioned yet on tmo. It's still very much a work in progress, but it runs circles around modest in terms of speed and has been improving a lot since it appeared in extras-devel about a week ago. UI still needs a bit of tweaking though.

I am not in any way affiliated with the app. Just wanted to give it some publicity for anyone adventurous enough to try it out.

Official website for trojita.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to coomac For This Useful Post:
Hmm the one on extras doesn't work for me can't connect to anything.
I see from the site that 2.0 is out maybe I will try and manual load of it and give it a go later.

Anything that halfway works has to be better than modest.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ shanghai , China
looking forward to the UI improvement ..._Good one !

Abnyone got it to work with googlemail yet? Keeps failing at the password for me

FYI, an UI-improved version is being worked on by TheBootroo:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=786287&postcount=3

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 164 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Chateauroux, FRANCE
yes its works with gmail :

params :

identity tab :
email: your_adress@gmail.com

IMAP tab :
method : SSL
imap server : imap.gmail.com
port: 993
username : your_address@gmail.com
password : ********

smtp tab :
method : smtp
smtp server : smtp.gmail.com
port : 465
smtp auth : yes
username: your_adress@gmail.com
password : ******************

not able to send mail tough but according to orginal developper, this function is not ready

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBootroo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
Hey Coomac,

Great start to this app, it puts Modest to shame in terms of speed and especially loading html mails.

I hope you can get built in notifications working soon and also the ability to send emails, currently not working for me.

@TheBootroo: I see great work that you are doing with Grr, I assume its based off of Trojita ? Please continue your work too, N900 desperately needs QT apps especially email ones and Twitter ones

Thanks the TheBootroo i had entered the details as you have stated a few days ago but nothing kept getting errors. Forgot about over the weekend and when i just clicked on the Trojita application to check my settings. I found my Gmall inbox and all my folders!!

great stuff looks very good and smooth from a quick use just now.

This is what the N900 really needs as colm.smyth writes.

TheBootroo,

I have some questions regarding Trojita. First - thank you for your work on it. It looks great and I hope to see it improve further.

It does not appear to be optified so I am curious where the message cache and configuration files are stored. I am concerned about using rootfs space.

Regards,
-DJ

Hi, I'm Jan Kundrat, the upstream developer of Trojita. First of all, it's pretty cool to see people interested in the project, not only those which are working on Maemo-specific GUI, but also those who gave Trojita a try on their phones.

I do not build Maemo packages myself, that's "vrwarp"'s work, so I can't comment on them being optified or not. Locations for cache and configuration files are those provided by the Qt framework. If there's any issue with them, please file a bug for the Qt library, we as application developers have no choice but to trust that they are indeed sensible values.

Finally, please remember that Trojita is pretty much work in progress at this point. I'm reasonably sure it won't eat your mail, but it isn't intended for "real world use" just yet. I'm of course happy if you play with it and share your impressions about the project, so have fun!

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to jkt For This Useful Post: