Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
I use LED pattern editor to change the led power.

And yes the LED gets VERY bright and ignoring, get a text in the middle of the night and it looks like the police are flashing the blue lights in the bedroom

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
I use LED pattern editor to change the led power.

And yes the LED gets VERY bright and ignoring, get a text in the middle of the night and it looks like the police are flashing the blue lights in the bedroom
Could you please share with us how to do this? I guess you just set the values for PWM a little bit lower? What value do you feel is useful?

Tnx Michael

Well i use the program "LED Patterns" to adjust the PWM strength down to a more less disco in the room when i get an SMS/IM.

Yes, the LED pattern editor is a nice program. Even though the LED is still too bright for my taste, even at PWR 1!

i use:
Set PWM - Level = 20
Wait - 484,38ms
Set PWM - Level = 0
Wait - 484,38ms
Go To Start

This is not very bright here.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
i use:
Set PWM - Level = 20
Wait - 484,38ms
Set PWM - Level = 0
Wait - 484,38ms
Go To Start

This is not very bright here.
That ist too low for me, I prefer 100 so you can recognize the signal at daylight too.

But yesterday I came accross another problem for the second time now: when I woke up the device, the screen was extremely bright (I suppose max.) for half a second and then settled to the desired brightness.

A killall mce as root didn't solve the problem, only a reboot did.

After the second reboot and trying out your vaulues with LED Pattern editor I found out that this behavoir is triggered by the Pattern Editor.

Do you have any idea about this?

CU Michael

Nope, mine does not do that, i just does the "standard" low light and then "fade" to set brightness, has not changed since i installed LED pattern editor

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Nope, mine does not do that, i just does the "standard" low light and then "fade" to set brightness, has not changed since i installed LED pattern editor
I just installed this mod and I noticed that "fade" too. When screen is locked and you unlock by means of the powerbutton + slider, it takes almost 3 seconds to go the the desired brightness. Just too long for my taste

When using the normal keylock, that "fade" is of much shorter period, about 1 sec.

Is it always have been that way and are other people this experiencing too , or is it my N900 that is doing cactus?

BTW using method 2, when installing

The screen brightness "fade" is "normal", when you turn on the screen (keylock, power button or flip screen) it uses brightness < 15, and then my custom brightness sets in and sets the brightness to the stored/selected value, and yes sometimes it can take more then 1 second.

Anybody wants to improve the script then go ahead and it will be added to post #2 and credited

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
UPDATE:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just made a catastrophic discovery when trying to find some way of turning the keyboard light off / on.

instead of installing this mod, you can apparently just edit mce.ini and change 'filter-brightness-als' to filter-brightness-simple' under modules=
this enables a simple brightness system, where the light sensor is not in effect and the 5 steps (SYSTEM steps) are spaced good between each other, the values are 51, 102, 153, 204, 255.
So if you really want to get rid of light sensor & get nice colors with the 153 & 204 (step 3 & 4) this is the easiest way to go.

Install steps (will also be added to post #2)
Remember to uninstall custom brightness mod!!!
Terminal:
root or gainroot
sed -ie 's/brightness-als/brightness-simple/' /etc/mce/mce.ini
or you can just edit mce.ini, the sed command just changes this as you would manually by editing the mce.ini

after this restart your N900

This has been one of those massive FACE PALM moments or in other words D'oh!
Hi dr_frost_dk,
I follow the above step, but I have always need to run this command
# killall mce
to make the screen go dark.
The problem is everytime I reboot the phone, the screen brightness is always too high. I have to run "killall mce" command to make it dark again.
Is this normal?

Tags
brightness, display, light sensor, screen