Active Topics

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
To ggabriel, I got to try nexus 7 few times and the capability of it being able to playback all of my x264 movies on SMB drive streamed over is simply amazing, I want my next phone to be able to do that. About reencoding for proper playback, no I don't want to reencode all my videos to suite smaller screen in case I suddenly want to watch them.
Thanks for explaining, and fair enough... I've got a similar set up at home but I can't think why I'd use my phone instead of my home theatre.
We are talking, however, about relatively advanced stuff... I am not sure this use case applies to most people.

I do agree with you that it'd be a nice to have, on the understanding that I won't be sacrificing 25-40% of my battery life to have that option.

i hope the music player will support flac and gapless would be nice too.

The Following User Says Thank You to sillieidiot For This Useful Post:
will there be a bluetooth tethering?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So this is a no landscape at release?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

They said they will support landscape in places where it makes sense. For example the media gallery.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
They said they will support landscape in places where it makes sense. For example the media gallery.
? Make sence... For me it make sence everywhere. But most important for me is the browser. Must be landscape since it's much better to read.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
? Make sence... For me it make sence everywhere. But most important for me is the browser. Must be landscape since it's much better to read.
I'd say it'd be nice to lock it or unlock it at will. First of all, the apps have to support a seamless landscape/portrait mode, and secondly I'd like a setting to lock an app (or the phone temporarily) on something.

Example of an app that can't be in landscape mode: [pick your airline] app - boarding pass has to be locked in portrait, else nobody will ever succeed to scan it. They have trouble now with my work iPhone, which is locked in portrait, let alone if the screen keeps changing from landscape to portrait and viceversa.

Example of an app that I'd like to lock into landscape mode: Nokia Maps when I'm using it as a GPS on the bicycle. Hit a speed bump, unevenness on the road, whatever, it's likely that the map will switch from landscape to portrait, sometimes staying in the latter, which is annoying.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Errrm... I use my N900 almost exclusively in landscape mode.

So for me, landscape makes sense in all instances as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kriek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Landscape mode makes sense for me in any place where I type text.

The Following User Says Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
2 things I hate about the N9, well actually 4.
1) The only flash capable browser is very slow. It is extremely annoying.
2) When I click on a facebook newsfeed item the little uninformative facebook thing comes up which says exactly the same brief thing I just read and then when I click on that link and I'm in landscape the status bar is stuck in portrait because the fb app is landscape only so I can't peek
3) The screen is too small for typing and swype, I'm constantly hitting wrong keys.
4) Takes way too long to rotate. If you can fix that with sailfish I'm sold.

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red