Active Topics

Originally Posted by Arno_11 View Post
Yeah, that's a well known issue.
As a workaround you can control it through Pavucontrol.

BTW is the volume too loud by default during calls on Pinephone ?
Volume is in maximum by default, so it is very loud, tested with Pinephone hardware revision 1.2.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jul 2023 @ Europe
Originally Posted by teroyk View Post
Volume is in maximum by default, so it is very loud, tested with Pinephone hardware revision 1.2.
Ok, so voicecall UCM2 file must be modified a bit.

You should edit '/usr/share/alsa/ucm2/simple-card/VoiceCall.conf.leste'

And modify
Code:
 cset "name='Earpiece Playback Volume' 100%"
with let's says 70% instead of 100%.
Then reboot.

If it works (i don't have any Pinephone to test myself), then we can make (or ask for) a PR on github to change this default value.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arno_11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arno_11 View Post
You should edit '/usr/share/alsa/ucm2/simple-card/VoiceCall.conf.leste'

And modify
Code:
 cset "name='Earpiece Playback Volume' 100%"
with let's says 70% instead of 100%.
Then reboot.

If it works (i don't have any Pinephone to test myself), then we can make (or ask for) a PR on github to change this default value.
In long run it should be put like in Maemo 5, if you touch volume buttons during call it modify only call volume and save new value for next call. In short run value 60% might be good starting point.

Last edited by teroyk; 2023-09-17 at 18:39. Reason: I chaned 50% to 60%

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jul 2023 @ Europe
In long run it should be put like in Maemo 5, if you touch volume buttons during call it modify only call volume and save new value for next call. In short run value 60% might be good starting point.
I can't do anything for volume buttons, that's kernel stuff iirc so better to ask Wizzup or Uvos at #maemo-leste on irc.

For 60% value, it should be integrated soon.

sensored, read next

Last edited by teroyk; 2023-11-01 at 12:54. Reason: message under is more usefull that this message ever.

The Following User Says Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:
If somebody still have problem to get "-"-char or F11 with Pinephone Keybooard, this AltGr layout helps:

if image doesn't work here is direct link: https://codeberg.org/aLilyBit/ppkb-l...altgr-pine.svg

I just did:
git clone https://codeberg.org/alilybit/ppkb-layouts.git
cd ppkb-layouts
sudo ./install-xkb.sh
setxkbmap pp altgr

More about these Pinephone layouts found here: https://codeberg.org/aLilyBit/ppkb-layouts
I think that at least this layout should merge to next Leste version.

EDIT: btw. You can now get all chars that virtual keyboard has so you might like get it off: Just untick Setting - Text Input - Use Virtual Keyboard. Now you can select text in X Terminal with finger without annoying virtual keyboard pop-up.
EDIT2: BUT, there is one problem to solve, after reboot I have to write setxkbmap pp altgr again. How to fix this?

Last edited by teroyk; 2023-11-01 at 13:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:
If somebody has problem with phone calls. There is new update to fix that problem.
Easiest way to fix just:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
And phone calls works again.

You cannot still change volume during call, except using Pulse Audio Volume Control. Has somebody idea how to make shortcut to it to desktop?

Last edited by teroyk; 2024-01-14 at 11:45. Reason: fixed apt-get command

just wanted to thank everyone that has made it possible for maemo leste to work on the pinephone!

I'm new to maemo leste. looking forward to trying it out since the current distro I'm on doesn't work well for me.

quick question: if I'm using tow boot do I follow the emmc instructions or the sd card instructions to install to the emmc?

Originally Posted by Ferriah View Post
quick question: if I'm using tow boot do I follow the emmc instructions or the sd card instructions to install to the emmc?
Leste works so well directly from sd card image so at least I have not even tried boot from emmc. But good question.

Leste works so well directly from sd card image so at least I have not even tried boot from emmc. But good question.
yeah I ended up installing it on the sd card, and for the most part everything works! are calls working on your pinephone? I can hear my friend on mine, but he can't hear me