Notices

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Tracker-cfg is a gui for editing the tracker config file /home/user/.config/tracker.cfg

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Can you make so the lyrics show up in "Entertainment view"? I like that view better.

Also is there a way you can make so you can scroll the album art like they did on iPHONE?

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
The program itself is brilliant. But the Dutch translation is poor. Is there any way to translate it?

@gidzzz:

I spent a lot of time to bring proper wired headset button support. I found that problem is in binary prolog file policy.plc. Now after long time I was able to decompile it to source files, fix support for button and compile again.

But file policy.plc is part of system package policy-settings-rx51, the only way how to distribute it is via CSSU. Decompiled source code of this package is now in gitorious and new fixed deb package is in cssu-devel:

http://gitorious.org/community-ssu/policy-settings-rx51
http://maemo.merlin1991.at/cssu/comm...settings-rx51/

When policy-settings-rx51 is updated and device reboot headset button working automatically then headset (with microphone) is inserted. No other hacks, code is needed.

I created also patch for OMP which only remove old (hack) code and show information that for headset button is needed CSSU.

Merge request is here:
http://gitorious.org/qt-mediaplayer/...rge_requests/7

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Is it possible to supply the correctly translated .ts file to implement it to OMP?

Originally Posted by pali View Post
When policy-settings-rx51 is updated and device reboot headset button working automatically then headset (with microphone) is inserted. No other hacks, code is needed.

I created also patch for OMP which only remove old (hack) code and show information that for headset button is needed CSSU.
Thanks, the button works like a charm with new policy-settings-rx51, but I don't quite get this patch. All I can see it does is it changes the note and removes support for pause/resume on disconnection/connection of wired headsets. Isn't adding 'or CSSU(-devel) installed' to 'Requires "Prevent playback interruptions" disabled' all that has to (and can) be changed on OMP's side?

Originally Posted by tiempjuuh View Post
Is it possible to supply the correctly translated .ts file to implement it to OMP?
I'm not sure what you mean by "implement". If you want to make OMP use your translation, you should generate a .qm file from .ts and replace "/opt/openmediaplayer/lang/openmediaplayer.nl.qm" (or name it "openmediaplayer.nl_tj.qm" and use "nl_tj" language code in the settings, this way it won't be overwritten during an update). You can use Qt Linguist for that, or attach .ts here and I'll do it for you.

If you want you translation to be packaged with OMP, Transifex is the way to go. However, ade always seemed to do an excellent job with the translation (at least when it comes to keeping it up-to-date, I am not able to judge other aspects), so I'd also like to hear something from him.

The Following User Says Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
If you want you translation to be packaged with OMP, Transifex is the way to go. However, ade always seemed to do an excellent job with the translation (at least when it comes to keeping it up-to-date, I am not able to judge other aspects), so I'd also like to hear something from him.
I was somewhat surprised by the judgement "But the Dutch translation is poor". Seems like an oversimplified reaction and not a solid base for cooperation. Of course there is always room for improvement, and I don't know what university degree in Dutch language tiempjuuh has
He has now asked if he can join the translation team. If he can convince me he can do meaningful modifications (some suggestions in PM for example) he is welcome if you ask me. Just the label "poor" is no convincing argument.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Thanks, the button works like a charm with new policy-settings-rx51, but I don't quite get this patch. All I can see it does is it changes the note and removes support for pause/resume on disconnection/connection of wired headsets. Isn't adding 'or CSSU(-devel) installed' to 'Requires "Prevent playback interruptions" disabled' all that has to (and can) be changed on OMP's side?
My first code for headset button in OMP working only if there is no running libplayback application. It turning on/off jackbias via amixer.

But with new patched policy.plc old amixer code in OMP can break policy.plc and nothing will work.

I really suggest to remove old hack code. In merge request is only deleted function updateWiredHeadset which call amixer, nothing more.

If somebody want headset button working it really needs CSSU update. CSSU is right place to update system packages... Also only today was policy-settings-rx51 pushed to cssu-devel but in next days it will be moved to cssu-testing. So merge request can wait until package will be in cssu testing or stable.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Nice player but there are several things i want to point out:

1. The Entertainment View should have the option to be set as default view. That view also should designated as the Car View. The Car View you provided is not attractive...sorry i like to see album arts to identify my song.
2. The art album for the Entertainment View should take up the entire screen on the left side since it's fullscreen. Do not allow it to dance around with the art and scroll lists...it is distracting. lol
3. The Entertainment View should also have lyrics

Note: Playlist isn't working properly

The Entertainment View is the ONLY view that attract me to this prog...otherwise i am going back to Instinctiv. Thx for your time.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
1. The Entertainment View should have the option to be set as default view. That view also should designated as the Car View. The Car View you provided is not attractive...sorry i like to see album arts to identify my song.
Car view should be basic with big buttons, IMO it's well laid out and see no point in adding any more features.

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Note: Playlist isn't working properly
Why? This isn't helpful feedback!

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse