Posts: 27 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
What you need:
  • You need the latest PR1.1 update (software release 51-1)
  • You need the ISync plugin from the link below.
  • You need to enable bluetooth dial-up-networking[1].
    Follow these instructions or install the Bluetooth DUN app from Maemo extras devel (or maybe it is now in Testing already)

That's it. You can get the plugin from garage homepage

Disclaimer: This plugin is not an official plugin from Nokia, try it at your own risk, it might destroy your data. Please make a backup of your data before giving it a go.

What should work:
* Contacts (all fields supported by the N900, expect im and voip usernames should work)
* Calendar
* Tasks

What will (currently?) not work:
* Notes (the "standalone" ones; contacts notes work fine)
* Synching via USB

[1] DUN is only need for the very first synchronization though, so that ISync can identify the N900 as such.

Edit: Removed attachement and instead pointing to the new project homepage.

Last edited by joergen; 2010-01-27 at 12:13.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joergen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Harpenden
Pah!, I just posted much the same thing over in another thread I was going to post to the original Bugzilla as well, but that seems to be broken right now.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by scudderfish; 2010-01-14 at 21:29.

The ZIP-File contains nothing but a folder. scudderfish's version works.

Ouch :-( Sorry for that, will fix that as soon as get back home to my Mac. But well, good that there is another version available which works.

(Seems like "zip Foo.zip Foo/" on the osx terminal does not work as I would have expected it to :-( )

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Harpenden
Originally Posted by sjaensch View Post
The ZIP-File contains nothing but a folder. scudderfish's version works.
Glad to hear someone else confirm it, and it isn't just me. I'm getting quite a few contacts conflicts, but I think that is because my Mac desktop is also syncing up to Google, which is being pulled down by my Mac laptop so I'm hoping it will all settle down when all the sources finally agree on just how many spaces there should be in a postcode. My main concern is events created on the N900 not getting pulled into the Mac, that's what I'm going to concentrate on for today.

The Following User Says Thank You to scudderfish For This Useful Post:
I've removed the attachment. The plugin has now been merged into a common project that includes the best of scudderfish's, 3quid's and my plugin.

The Following User Says Thank You to joergen For This Useful Post:
Thank You ALL!! There were a few issues, had to find the right places to install the different files contained within the down load. But it only took a short time, I needed to find the folder that houses other Plugins, and make a folder for "N900.plugins" and insert the contents in it. Restart the laptop, phone, and it works like a charm, THANK YOU.. So now I have mail2web which is now free (used to pay 4.95 monthly) my laptop, and N900 all sync ing together, A shame that Nokia and Apple couldn't have saved every one a lot of work.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bay area ca
Where exactly is the plugin stored? I could not find it.

A