Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by scudderfish View Post
I must say that right now I'm stumped as to how we might do it.
#%$@^& and I've just now realized it has caused a duplicate entry to appear in my iCal for literally every single event I have.. for some reason that wasn't the case when I was using the first version of the plugin you posted.

No more calendar syncing for me, I guess

I found a iSync here and it is working just fine, do a search and you will find it, follow the directions and you will be good to go.

I had a similar problem, but only with holidays, and birthdays, anything that was entered as an event was fine, so I just changed it all to events under my Cal and no more dupes. A small price to pay since neither nokia nor apple seem to be doing anything.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Harpenden
One thing to be careful of is not to sync the Birthdays calendar in iCal. It caused me all sorts of problems with collisions with the in build Birthdays calendar on the N900.
I think Bingley Joe is pushing the envelope for the amount of info he's syncing I'm going to do a detailed analysis of differences between the first plugin and the current one to check that there isn't some change that has messed things up for him.

OK, the only difference of note is how the plugin represents all day events. My original one used "OMA Formatting", the current one uses Midnight to Midnight. However, reading the Apple iSync SyncML Guide (http://developer.apple.com/Mac/libra...yncMLGuide.pdf), they look to be the same so the data send over the (virtual) wire is identical.

I can't offer a true solution, but if I was in that position I'd
1) Take a back up
2) Run something like this http://www.nhoj.co.uk/icaldupedeleter/ (I haven't used it myself, but it is the sort of thing to use)
3) Delete the N900 from iSync and then re-add it so you get the option to wipe it's calendar and install the iCal one as the concept of truth.
4) Cross fingers and sync.

Just had a thought, I wonder if this is because of multiple calendars on iCal, getting stuffed into one on the N900, and then synced back into one calendar in iCal?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
One thing to be careful of is not to sync the Birthdays calendar in iCal. It caused me all sorts of problems with collisions with the in build Birthdays calendar on the N900.
AHA! That's definitely one possibility, since I was syncing it. And you're right, it was funky now that I think about it. Birthdays was the only 'other' calendar my N900 would put into a separate category, which made some sense. But then it also made a 'normal' entry for birthdays as well (ie: a person's birthday would show up twice on that day -- once in 'Birthdays' green, once in 'Normal' blue)

I think Bingley Joe is pushing the envelope for the amount of info he's syncing
To put it mildly My girlfriend and I both use the same iCal 'account', just with different colours (6 plus the Birthdays calendar) to distinguish between our various activities, so there is a LOT of information in there.

Just had a thought, I wonder if this is because of multiple calendars on iCal, getting stuffed into one on the N900, and then synced back into one calendar in iCal?
I think that's exactly what happened.

I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone else, but my N900 has been using blue to represent all the events it's brought in via sync. This is also the colour of the calendar I have selected in the iSync preference "Sync all events created on the phone to.."

Somehow I guess iSync decided all the events in the N900's calendar had been created on the phone because suddenly I had a duplicate blue event for every event in iCal.. even the blue ones, which was odd.

Luckily I've got three Macs and a .Mac subscription, so I was able to revert to a 'clean' copy without too much fuss. Accordingly, I'm quite happy to do any testing you think might help you sort this out

In the meantime, I'm pretty content just moving my data one-way. The plug-in is still a massive lifesaver even with the odd quirk.

Last edited by Bingley Joe; 2010-01-28 at 14:10.

Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
#%$@^& and I've just now realized it has caused a duplicate entry to appear in my iCal for literally every single event I have.. for some reason that wasn't the case when I was using the first version of the plugin you posted.

No more calendar syncing for me, I guess
Same problem here, only syncs my events & makes copies in ical of some posts :/ anyone found a fix to this?

The main problem for me is having multiple calendars in Google reflected on my Mac with no problems, but as soon as you sync over they all get lumped into one calendar with a single colour. We need the different calendars to remain separate so we can assign colours and tell what kind of entries they are at a glance.

Is anyone aware of any mobile device that syncs with iCal using iSync and supports multiple calendars on both sides? I can't see how to do it, so I need to pull another plugin apart.