Active Topics

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Will it be possible to buy the N950 without being a developer? I CAN develop, but I don't enjoy it, but would really enjoy this phone over the N9, I think.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kruppin For This Useful Post:
Active application icons, like the calendar

FLASH PLAYER FLASH PLAYER FLASH PLAYER where is the flash player???????????????

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
Well, I'll miss a lot of feature from n900, even though im going to keep n900 and get n9 as 2nd phone.. Desktop, live widgets, MicroB and more.. whats missing that I was expecting from n9 are keyboard, HDMI, Micro sd slot.. software side, not that much coz there are still possibilities on updates like Flash and etc...

btw, here's a good 1st look on the software side of n9.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LphiRFvd40I

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Norway
http://twitition.com/3c3ah

And by the way, for those of you missing widgets...

Just leave apps open in multitasking and halfswipe to check the status. Simple to with the liveview and 1Gb ram.

The Following User Says Thank You to HaugMedia For This Useful Post:
100% support from Nokia to get an ecosystem up and running and commercial devs interested in developing for it !

Without this support, there will be no ecosystem and this device will just die.

Fat chance though - that support is now reserved for WP

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by law138 View Post
FLASH PLAYER FLASH PLAYER FLASH PLAYER where is the flash player???????????????
Doesn't seem to bother the 20 odd percent of consumers in the mobile market that use IOS. This is a device that is partly aimed at them. It's also possibly another sign that there are more segments of these industry pushing for html5 too

The Following User Says Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Banstead UK
I really wish Nokia would sell the N950 with some revved up spec compared to the dev edition. I think it's good to have a developer edition but the qwerty form factor is so N900 esque that it seems a no brainer. The Aluminium unibody construction the qwerty keyboard has clean layout that would sell without trying too hard. The polycarbonate body on N9 is fine on a mid-range device that will sell for £300 to start with. My point is not to say the N9 should sell at that price point but that particular material is cheap hence cheapens the phone 6 months after it ships as the price stabilizes. This will eat at Nokia's margin per device when we need Harmattan to sell well and put the screws on WP. Love the phone. Good job done by all involved. As has been said FM transmitter,HDMI, xenon flash missing for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archaz For This Useful Post:
homescreens (which means personlisation and widgets)

adobe flash

hardware keyboard

i can live without the rest

is there any way we can have a pertition for them to sell the n950 aswell??
i dont work well with capacitive screens.. they go haywire with my hands

The Following User Says Thank You to toki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Banstead UK
Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
Doesn't seem to bother the 20 odd percent of consumers in the mobile market that use IOS. This is a device that is partly aimed at them. It's also possibly another sign that there are more segments of these industry pushing for html5 too
I guess so but I used to be able to watch live BBC TV on the N900 until flash 10 came along and broke that. I think iOS users are bothered but have no recourse like a child who grows up without TV.

Tags
impending doom