Poll: Which option best describes your experience?
Poll Options
Which option best describes your experience?

As there seems to be consensus that abovementioned error is a result of CSSU, I am a bit perplexed having encountered it for the third time after installing KP48 on pre-CSSU phone (no OC). Are you having this issue? What configuration do you have?

I have both installed. App Manager keeps doing that too. It will show there is an update, I will try to install it and while it is launching to show the available updates it will say application error and close. took 3 tries to install an update today.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
I have KP47 and PR1.3.1 (no CSSU). I've never encountered that error.

There have been reports of CSSU modest crashing frequently (and restarting). Therefore I don't really see the point of this poll.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
As there seems to be consensus that abovementioned error is a result of CSSU, I am a bit perplexed having encountered it for the third time after installing KP48 on pre-CSSU phone (no OC). Are you having this issue? What configuration do you have?
FYI, KP49 + OC + latest CSSU = NO ERRORS AT ALL.

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
I have KP47 and PR1.3.1 (no CSSU). I've never encountered that error.

There have been reports of CSSU modest crashing frequently (and restarting). Therefore I don't really see the point of this poll.
The point is: from my experience this error is not limited to CSSU. If other things (like KP48 in my case) are also causing it, CSSU devs will have a hard time troubleshooting it as there will be lots of false positives/negatives. It would be best if someone could write a script that catches all modest crashes (who knows if they are not happening while the phone is locked?) so people with different configurations could report results (had it 3 times in 4.5 days, at least that many I noticed).

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@szopin,

But then I don't see what the point of the poll may be. Even if say, you end up with 99.9% of a _large_ sample of votes saying, e.g. problem occurs with KP and CSSU you still have no clue what "KP" means: which version? overclocking? underclocking? speedpatch and/or batterypatch? and, and, and.

I mean, somebody with sufficient experience (CSSU developer?) could debug modest (or a core dump if they are created at all) and find out where it hiccups.

You'll never find the root cause using statistics.

Sure, though I got the error with kp48 alone which would mean KP+CSSU (forget the patches) might give errors even after CSSU devs fix the CSSU cause. If significant percentage of people with KP alone confirm also having this bug without CSSU installed this would help in planning fix-testing (and reporting). Consider people reporting modest being totally broken after last update, if we know other things can cause this (=not-CSSU-specific-bug) additional information will be helpful and identifying other possible causes should aid (or at least hint on what info should be provided, no idea if patches cause this error, maybe a similar thread could be created for those)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post: