Active Topics

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by max83 View Post
it seems they sniff and monitor our activities
or maybe we have some spys among us
Guess what happens when an account is signed in to over 9000 (literally) phones?

Jolla account signin works on SourenAraya's kickstarted image. You can kickstart your own images and it'd work just fine too.

Just add your Jolla account and it should work.

As for GPS issues:
Why not rip out positioningd straight off Harmattan - just like how the closed bme is reused on Nemo?

Along with Gypsy, itshould be the complete GPS hardware adaptation for N9/50, IIRC.

Hi there...

Im just wondering if any of you manage to run sailfish on your n9 using the windows instruction http://wiki.maemo.org/Sailfish?

I cant seem to get the multi boot page and after flashing the moslo to repartition my N9...i was ask wether to format the disk or not on my windows...should I format or just ignore it?

Hope someone could help me out...tq!

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Stockholm
Originally Posted by arsaa View Post
Hi there...

Im just wondering if any of you manage to run sailfish on your n9 using the windows instruction http://wiki.maemo.org/Sailfish?

I cant seem to get the multi boot page and after flashing the moslo to repartition my N9...i was ask wether to format the disk or not on my windows...should I format or just ignore it?

Hope someone could help me out...tq!

Yes, flashed my N9 via Windows7 (64bit). No problem at all.
Did you use the pre-configured Ubiboot image?

Step 6 - Install Ubiboot
If you use the pre-configured Ubiboot for SailfishOS
  • Download and extract the pre-configured Ubiboot from swagman.org into the directory where flasher, main.bin and emmc.bin reside.
  • Unpack the archive:
    tar -xvf ubiboot-02_0.3.5_131213_SFOS.tar
  • Copy the extracted ubiboot_035_sailfishos.tar to your device e.g into the "MyDocs" folder by connecting it in Mass Storage Mode.
  • Go to Terminal on your device, and obtain root access, then extract the archive:
    devel-su
    cd /home/user/MyDocs/
    tar -xvf ubiboot_035_sailfishos.tar -C /

• Power off your device and flash it in the usual way:
    flasher -a main.bin -k zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_301013 --flash-only=kernel -f -R

Originally Posted by jesper View Post
Yes, flashed my N9 via Windows7 (64bit). No problem at all.
Did you use the pre-configured Ubiboot image?
Owh...I skip step 6 since the instruction ask to go directly to step W after step 5....so thats why it didnt have the multiboot system...

So what about the format disk....should I format as instructed after re-partitioning or just ignore it?

Thanks for helping out in advance..

The Following User Says Thank You to arsaa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by arsaa View Post
Owh...I skip step 6 since the instruction ask to go directly to step W after step 5....so thats why it didnt have the multiboot system...

So what about the format disk....should I format as instructed after re-partitioning or just ignore it?

Thanks for helping out in advance..
Sorry, after juiceme added notes for the new dual boot version of ubiboot, the instructions in step 5 were not update. Has been amended now!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
So more thoughts regarding camera:

- Camera in both N9 harmattan and Sailfish is built on top of GStreamer (0.10 branch) and both are using camerabin2
- Native camera in N9 is built on top of a home grown library but camera in sailfish is built on top of QtMultimedia
- Harmattan camera uses subdevsrc2 as the GStreamer source element while Sailfish uses droidcamsrc
- Harmattan video rendering is done via a custom gstreamer sink (gst-gltexture IIRC) but video rendering in sailfish is using droideglsink
- Harmattan uses the Meego GStreamer video rendering interface developed by Nokia while Sailfoish uses GStreamer video rendering interfaces developed by jolla.
- N9 used V4L2 and media controller API for camera and a custom set of OpenGLES2/EGL extensions developed by Nokia for zero copy video rendering
- Sailfish uses Android camera HAL and Android specific EGL extensions for zero-copy video playback.

Due to all the above, Sailfish native camera application will not work on N9 without modifications (Which cannot be done).

More on N9 camera stack:
There is subdevsrc2 which uses V4L2 and media controller kernel interfaces and there is libomap3camd (omap3 camera daemon library) which handles all the 3A (auto exposure, auto white balance and auto focus) as well as the high quality image capture. The video buffers are pushed from camera and being delivered to gst-gltexture sink.
The application then interacts with that sink via meeho textured video interface.

What is open and what is closed in N9 stack?
- subdevsrc is open
- omap3camd is closed
- gst-gltexture is closed
- meego gst interfaces are open.

I already reverse engineered the header file for omap3camd and managed to upgrade the legacy nokia contributed subdevsrc2 to the latest version so rebuilding that is not a problem.

What needs to be done:
1) take subdevsrc2 from nemo reporitories
2) take libomap3camd and its dependencies from harmattan.
3) use gst wayland sink for video rendering as a start
3) or develop a sink which uses the nokia specific extensions for zero copy rendering.
4) either tweak QtMultimedia and write a camera app on top of that
4) or use some other camera app built on top of GStreamer directly.

I just hope I have not missed anything. And of course I am posting that on behalf of myself and jolla should not take any responsibility of what I have typed here.

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Hi everybody,
I've setup an issue tracker to help a bit. I'm going to begin to enter issues I've found myself and the other read here. But anyone is invited to participate.

The README.md presents a kind of template issue, really simple.

It's here: https://github.com/romu70/sailfish-for-other/issues

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Hi everybody,
I've setup an issue tracker to help a bit. I'm going to begin to enter issues I've found myself and the other read here. But anyone is invited to participate.

The README.md presents a kind of template issue, really simple.

It's here: https://github.com/romu70/sailfish-for-other/issues
to first post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Lithuania
Very itchy hands to try sailfish on my N9, but wait when full working when i try

The Following User Says Thank You to maxaz911 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
What about writing a gstreamer sink that calls itself droidcamsrc but actually uses the subdevsrc2 and libomap3camd binaries?

And maybe we need to shim the meego gst interfaces to respond (at least basically) like the Android gst interfaces?

I'm thinking we could have "fake" sinks and interfaces that behave like the Jolla/Android ones but use the closed Nokia binaries...?

This reminds me of libhybris... but in reverse...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish