Just a little note to both bump this suggestion to people's notice and to point out there's already a thread on this with the less full name Maps Integration but a bit more discussion, which this could probably do with merging with...

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Last edited by TomJ; 2009-11-13 at 17:59. Reason: brain storm...

Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
Just a little note to both bump this suggestion to people's notice and to point out there's already a thread on this with the less full name Maps Integration but a bit more discussion, which this could probably do with merging with...
Yes a merge would be good. Texrat?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
What is the URL of the thread to merge?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I have not yet found the thread. Will continue looking later.

But yes, the 2 map/contact items on the actual Brainstorm page are essentially identical. No idea how to resolve that.

EDIT: nevermind, I merged the threads. That solved the first issue.

Last edited by Texrat; 2009-12-10 at 06:35.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
The problem is that the proposals are so wide that they do overlap but not overlap at the same time. In next occasions let's try being more precise.

Anyway, I have set the Harmattan target to http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...r_integration/ since there are no current plans in that direction for Fremantle.

Maybe a developer can propose solutions of their own?

Last edited by qgil; 2009-12-10 at 07:04.

I don't know whether it is possible to move solutions to other proposals or how to do it. I will ask.

In the meantime, a like at http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...n_in_calendar/ points to this thread as well now.

Harmattan target set since we don't have current plans for Fremantle. Maybe a developer wants to add solutions of their own?

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I would like to have a function to click on the contacts adresses and maps automatically opens with two possibilities: either create a route to this adress or just show the adress on the map.
That would be a very nice feature.

Does somebody know about such features?
Is such a feature present perhaps in other environments?

thx, uncle.sam

edit: I´m using N900 since friday, the 4th.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to uncle.sam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Alexandria, VA, USA
What a good idea. I want that, too.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I just discovered that the maps application on iPhone has just this feature I want on my N900.

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Casting my vote for this feature too.