Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by dtergens View Post
thanks for this nice pic, I like it !!!

itd be nice if the n9 showed some respect to its elder (check screens)

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
PS3 was $600 USD - more overseas - when later they reduced it to be competitive. PSP Go was the one I was referring to - smaller screen, no media, the games were download only and they were still full-priced (in some instances MORE expensive for some 1st party games) and it was more expensive than the better selling Nintendo DSi.

Both are sold at a loss - they put too much money (and faith) into the Cell processor and the chip foundry for that. Passed that along to us consumers as long as possible.

The Vaio X was a lower spec'd machine, sold at higher prices... all because it was thin (think MacBook Air, but worse priced).

Sony has done the same thing for almost all of their newest stuff for the last decade. Google TV, price drops continue (ok, they're just not selling). Vaio S series... price drops, too expensive for the specs. PSP handheld, sold at a loss, now almost $130 less than it was when it was originally sold (and finally selling well).

Sony phones, Sony computers, Sony BD-ROMs, they price stuff high... way too high at first.
Well, I agree with most of the examples you gave, but some of the things you say have no bearing on the fact that they may be overpriced. If something sells better doesn't mean it should be more expensive than another product which may be better spec, and it's only natural things drop in price so not sure what the relevance of that is either. As for physical copies of games it's often the same with steam. It's because the price of a physical copy drops faster as stores need to get rid of stock. I agree though with the examples you gave with computers and form factor but it's the form factor you are paying for.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Well, I agree with most of the examples you gave, but some of the things you say have no bearing on the fact that they may be overpriced.
I guess the comparisons to the other products in that sector that the PS3, PSP Go, et al had competed against has no bearing on how overpriced they were at the time and means absolutely nothing.

Seriously?

Yeah... Sony and Nokia are the absolute ****ing best at pricing everything. $749 for an unsupported phone with no future is excellent pricing...

Last edited by gerbick; 2011-06-23 at 18:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
itd be nice if the n9 showed some respect to its elder (check screens)
It looks so thick in comparison. Like a phone from the 90's

I guess the comparisons to the other products in that sector that the PS3, PSP Go, et al has a bearing on how overpriced they were at the time means absolutely nothing.

Seriously?
Yes, seriously, and I say that with a straight face because other similar spec products in that sector were priced the same or even worse. Whether their strategy was good or not is another question entirely but if you bought a similar spec (which is the important point here, similar spec) product it was competitively priced you could argue even better priced than other products in that sector. Intrinsic and extrinsic value.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I just happen to notice.

From website above:
Update: Some people will say that its unfair to compare existing products with upcoming ones, and I agree. So for some perspective, as @coolkamio informs me on Twitter, iOS 5 manages a score of 304 + 9].

So it appears that IOS 5 has higher score unless the bonus points mean something else. FYI n9 had 257 + 14 bonus points. But honestly, I do no understand what the numbers really mean except higher is better. Perhaps someone can explain significance.
http://html5test.com/

Significance explained on scroll.

Yeah... Sony and Nokia are the absolute ****ing best at pricing everything. $749 for an unsupported phone with no future is excellent pricing...
come on now, I never said that.

It looks so thick in comparison. Like a phone from the 90's
well it is an n9 with the aftermarket mugen extended battery and cover, which makes it a lot thicker

The Following User Says Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
well it is an n9 with the aftermarket mugen extended battery and cover, which makes it a lot thicker
Did not notice that, thanks. Need to get myself one of those batteries.
Screen looks really nice on the n9 too.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Yes, seriously, and I say that with a straight face because other similar spec products in that sector were priced the same or even worse. Whether their strategy was good or not is another question entirely but if you bought a similar spec (which is the important point here, similar spec) product it was competitively priced you could argue even better priced than other products in that sector. Intrinsic and extrinsic value.
Nintendo DSi sold more, was cheaper than Sony PSP Go.

Microsoft XBOX 360 sold more, was cheaper than the Sony PS3.

Sony Vaio X was outsold by most anything but the Dell Adamo XPS - that sold horrible.

Nope. Not seeing it. Better priced... no. Sony's prices stuff too expensive. Nokia... same.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????