Hi.

It seems that memory usage on my N9 gets unusually high from time to time. When I have only few apps running (2-3), available memory is just 20-30 MB and phone becomes laggy (usually there is about 400 MB of available memory). Restart usually solves this, but then after some time this happens again.

Anyone have similar problems?

I have PR 1.0 still, but should get 1.1 soon.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
I've got the same problem. It is said that PR1.1 solves thos problem, however it is not yet available for my phone which has got a Swiss product code, so I'll just wait...

You can't just, close those apps?
Didn't notice any difference on PR1.1, neither did i really have problem with free memory.
I would not care about the available memory numbers at all, it works differently in linux side, something you see on Android as well. Totally different to Symbian where you need to keep the memory high and it will always translate to speed.

Of course i can get my phone slowed down by something like Nokia Maps that's probably one of the heaviest apps there is. I just always close the apps that i don't need anymore. You get the ability to fully control what's on live on the background, but this also means that you need to manage the apps running.

Because of that both Swipe UI/Harmattan and Maemo 5 have had great integrated multitasking to force people to go to multitasking view.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
On my phone, all apps are closed and only WiFi-connection is established - and 920 MB of RAM are in use (30 MB buffers).

The Following User Says Thank You to D.Cent For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by D.Cent View Post
I've got the same problem. It is said that PR1.1 solves thos problem, however it is not yet available for my phone which has got a Swiss product code, so I'll just wait...
I hope so.

It should come very soon in my country, I'll let you know did update solve this issue.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
You can't just, close those apps?
Didn't notice any difference on PR1.1, neither did i really have problem with free memory.
I would not care about the available memory numbers at all, it works differently in linux side, something you see on Android as well. Totally different to Symbian where you need to keep the memory high and it will always translate to speed.

Of course i can get my phone slowed down by something like Nokia Maps that's probably one of the heaviest apps there is. I just always close the apps that i don't need anymore. You get the ability to fully control what's on live on the background, but this also means that you need to manage the apps running.

Because of that both Swipe UI/Harmattan and Maemo 5 have had great integrated multitasking to force people to go to multitasking view.
Closing those apps doesn't have any affect, only phone restart.

I wouldn't mind if the phone wouldn't become slow in low memory condition.

When available memory is high, phone works much better.

Originally Posted by D.Cent View Post
Arnt meego firmwares available like those for N900, like cant they be just downloaded and flashed?

Is there any app to see RAM memory?

Originally Posted by abubakar View Post
Arnt meego firmwares available like those for N900, like cant they be just downloaded and flashed?
Yes, but I actually don't want to flash - I actually don't even have a Windows computer, so I will wait for OTA.

Originally Posted by ENNINE View Post
Is there any app to see RAM memory?
The easiest way is opening a terminal and executing "free -m".

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Pr 1.1 solved for me those kinds of problems. Just hang on there until it's available :-)