How trustworthy do you think this seller on amazon is?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...seller=&sr=8-1

$170 seems like a pretty good deal for a refurbished n900, but this seems sketchy since it comes from Hong Kong.

Last edited by JadeH; 2013-08-23 at 20:12.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Denmark
Think you should check out my thread for my hongkong experience

I made a review on page 4

Edit: I will also happily answer any questions you might have afterwards :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Lithdk For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I figured it would probably be one of those weird aftermarket n900s made from random parts. Still seems good for the price if it works, though.

It works perfectly. Nothing to complain about so far. Just installed power kernel today and it still runs perfectly. The only downside I've had so far was the battery that was dead on arrival.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lithdk For This Useful Post:
Is the USB port solid on yours? The only thing I'd be worried about is they'd sell devices with the usb port about to fall off. And can you check which hardware revision you have? ("cat /proc/component_version" in terminal, should show hw-build: xxxx)

revision: 2204

My USB port is solid, and Im not the gentle kinda guy. Though I dont rip it out carelessly like I do with most everything else. However, I still think Im gonna file the charger locking pins just to be on the safe side. Just need to get around to it.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hong Kong
Sorry for a little bit off topic, but as a Hong Kong citizen, We seldom use eBay or Amazon for selling, the seller I suspect was actually in China instead of Hong Kong, they use Hong Kong for better reception, but these move damage Hong Kong's name a lot.

In my opinion, you better find some seller ship from China, at least they don't cheat you at the first place.

Last edited by michaelmhk; 2013-08-24 at 22:28.