Notices

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Thank you, that's amazingly helpful.
sorry sorry....its just for confirm this setting work without a solution unfortunately...

but it should work is positive
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
There's a bug in the current version of the applicaiton, so the updated setting on combo boxes won't show up, but it should write the information fine. Try doing a double-press on the power button and see if it goes to soft offline.
That was one of the first things I tried (it would be kinda stupid to not check this out before posting), and the double press does nothing.

I currently have no good editor installed on my N800, so I cannot directly confirm whether mce.ini was changed, but the behaviour of the press hasn't changed.

Edit: I'm using the latest version (0.0.7-1), installed from extras-devel. Nothing weird has been done with my tablet, other than install the latest version of Diablo on it (I used to tamper with mce.ini a lot, but have not touched it in this installation. I don't even have an editor installed that is capable of opening system files).

Last edited by Karel Jansens; 2009-03-29 at 22:41.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Ah, yes... now I remember... 0.0.7-1 still has a bug with writing the file and restarting mce. I'll put a new version up in about a minute that will fix this, along with the combo box problem...

[edit] OK, new version can be found attached to this post temporarily... should be in extras-devel in a bit. 0.0.8-1 -- Only change is fixing the sudoers file.
Attached Files
File Type: deb mcedit_0.0.8-1_all.deb (9.4 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by TrueJournals; 2009-03-29 at 22:59.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Ah, yes... now I remember... 0.0.7-1 still has a bug with writing the file and restarting mce. I'll put a new version up in about a minute that will fix this, along with the combo box problem...

[edit] OK, new version can be found attached to this post temporarily... should be in extras-devel in a bit. 0.0.8-1 -- Only change is fixing the sudoers file.
I installed the attached update and now mcedit won't start at all anymore.

But like I said, I'm not that disappointed, as I wasn't really expecting much...

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
I currently have no good editor installed on my N800, so I cannot directly confirm whether mce.ini was changed, but the behaviour of the press hasn't changed.
Yes you do. It's called vi.

btw, mcedit is the name of mc's (midnight commander) text editor.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Yes you do. It's called vi.
I don't know vi. Then again, I don't know Assembler either. The gripping hand: Any editor is useless if the program doesn't start.

Originally Posted by disq View Post
btw, mcedit is the name of mc's (midnight commander) text editor.
I know. And I don't care.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
I installed the attached update and now mcedit won't start at all anymore.

But like I said, I'm not that disappointed, as I wasn't really expecting much...
Hmmm... as much as you may not be disappointed... I'd like to figure out what's going wrong :P Can you run /usr/bin/mcedit.py from the command line and post the output?

disq: Oops! Wasn't aware of that. Was going to call it mceedit, but that looked weird... I'll probably just keep the name now, though :\

Hmmm... as much as you may not be disappointed... I'd like to figure out what's going wrong :P Can you run /usr/bin/mcedit.py from the command line and post the output?
-sh: /usr/bin/mcedit.py: not found

Which is rather funny, as an ls of /usr/bin does show mcedit.py present. Maybe you didn't set the executable bit?

Tags
advanced, mce, settings