Notices

Originally Posted by flexxxv View Post
Hey
I'm trying to use Advanced Geocaching tool for Linux. I createt an account at geocaching.com put in the user details, but I still cant use the search. I updatet to the most recent version: (0.6.1.3-1).
What am I doing wrong?
I dont need gps to get search results right? I want to look for some caches while I'm at the home WiFi and then go and search for the cache offline.
The search works only for geocaches in the local database. Use the "Download Overview" feature first. If you want to search in advanced attributed, all details for the geocaches have to be downloaded first.

The Following User Says Thank You to webhamster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AkiL View Post
Yes, the N900 built-in GPS. Even on the normal mode (not the simulation) the location is accurate on the map, but the view needs to be manually updated, by tapping the map. Even with "track" checked. And nothing on the GPS view.
Hello,

I have the same problem as AkiL. Have to zoom in/out map screen to get the current location to move as I move. And there is no arrow or distances to selected geocache on the GPS screen. Haven't tried simulation mode. I got the N900 just after the 1.2 update was released so the first I did was to update. I have tried deleting the .agtl directory and reinstalling the application. Once it did draw a red cross where the green arrow should be. The application had the been in the background while I did some other stuff for some time.
-Tommy

Originally Posted by tskagemo View Post
Hello,

I have the same problem as AkiL. Have to zoom in/out map screen to get the current location to move as I move. And there is no arrow or distances to selected geocache on the GPS screen. Haven't tried simulation mode. I got the N900 just after the 1.2 update was released so the first I did was to update. I have tried deleting the .agtl directory and reinstalling the application. Once it did draw a red cross where the green arrow should be. The application had the been in the background while I did some other stuff for some time.
-Tommy
What time zone are you both in?

An update was released just now to extras-devel for the latest geocaching site update (0.6.1.4).

Originally Posted by webhamster View Post
Helsinki, GMT +2 (or 3 in summers).

Originally Posted by webhamster View Post
GMT+2. Tried update. Same status. Must zoom to update MAP and no arrow in GPS view.

-Tommy

SUGGESTION TO DEVELOPER

great little app. used it to find my first cache. one suggestion tho, the compas simulation can be too spuratic, found my self joggin in random directions to get sense out of it as it obviously estimates the orientation of the n900 from ur GPS track. what i think would be more useful is the ability to lock the compass, or manually rotate it and line up the sun? or use in conjunction with a real compass. as it is when you stop movin it jumps all over the place and makes gettin a bearin difficult. its useful while in motion tho. thanks!

Originally Posted by southwalesboy View Post
SUGGESTION TO DEVELOPER

great little app. used it to find my first cache. one suggestion tho, the compas simulation can be too spuratic, found my self joggin in random directions to get sense out of it as it obviously estimates the orientation of the n900 from ur GPS track. what i think would be more useful is the ability to lock the compass, or manually rotate it and line up the sun? or use in conjunction with a real compass. as it is when you stop movin it jumps all over the place and makes gettin a bearin difficult. its useful while in motion tho. thanks!
This is already fixed for the next major release.

Originally Posted by tskagemo View Post
Tried update. Same status. Must zoom to update MAP and no arrow in GPS view.

-Tommy
+1 here. Nothing in GPS view. Hmm, I am beginning to think that maybe the calculations go wrong, because they are calculating something like sunset or sunrise, but at my coordinates, the sun is no longer setting at all...

Originally Posted by AkiL View Post
+1 here. Nothing in GPS view. Hmm, I am beginning to think that maybe the calculations go wrong, because they are calculating something like sunset or sunrise, but at my coordinates, the sun is no longer setting at all...
The update was not supposed to fix this bug, just the download bug. I'll give you some more troubleshooting advice later today.