Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

itsLOL. Ubuntu sold all its phoneS. What a hype . This is like Jollas battery fraud

Out of stock in 10 min i didn't even had a chance

Please buy your Aquarius 45 ubuntu edition within 10 minutes or...

Now I will wait for meizu Ubuntu phone...Instead. I hope its more expensive, better spec, bigger screen and bigger quantity.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-02-11 at 18:02.

The quarter-hd screen and limited 8 gig of mem (5.5 avail) tells me they're afraid it won't sell, so they tried to get the price down low as possible.

The scopes are more of a turn-off for me than a $600 price tag would be. What's the point in going with an operating system you know if the GUI is completely new and unknown and worst of all - unchangable (as one review stated)

I'm not buying until I see what other people are able to do with the gui. Replace scopes with xbmc and use it as a media player, for example?

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Scopes, or what is behind scopes looks fairly interesting to me. They've got two types of scope. One is what looks like a boring web app but the aggregator scopes are the interesting ones as they're presumably aggregating content from services.

Now if only they're using buteo to sync content and they're about to dump a load of fixes onto github...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Top order number seen so far by me was 3xxxxx169, delivery in march?

EDIT:

Well, if they sell in batches of let's say, 200, and there's a large number of people that didn't get it, it may make them show that er, lust, to their other friends, who then become interested.. let's see how this pans out.
Anyone know what stskeeps is trying to say? TY/GN.

Last edited by jalyst; 2015-02-11 at 17:19.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
http://static.kyleabaker.com/wp-cont...ntu-effect.pngitsLOL. Ubuntu sold all its phoneS. What a hype . Out of stock in 10 min i didn't even had a chance
Perhaps they're employing the OnePlus strategy, better go easy, could back-fire.

Last edited by jalyst; 2015-02-11 at 17:19.

I like the phone specs cause they are fast enough and makes the phone affordable to a mass. And the camera position allows a nicer keyboard extension than the Jolla (sadly yet to announce).
At the moment it seems the hardware is more limited by the software.

Short:
I wish Ubuntu Touch would be more linux like and would have basic pim features. I really dont care that it is a bit slow at the moment.

Long:
Things that turn me off:

At the moment i could not add a note to a contact, i couldnt figure out how to delete a contact field (this maybe all my fault, im stupid at times).

To add a reminder i seem to need an evernote account.

The file manager has no remote support, no sshfs or sftp.
openssh-server disabled by default. (Can you ask to disable it after i remotely configured my linux box, cause your (maybe all?) initial setup (of the first release) isnt perfect yet)
asking myself: How will ubuntu touch be connected to my Ubuntu Desktop?

I cant even install the XKCD Scope because i need an Ubuntu One account. (this is politics and made me very sad)

tested on Nexus4 15.04 (Build 20141201)

The good thing, i have an terminal that looks like a monitor.

asking myself: Shall i go n(eo)900 or ubuntu phone now to have no pim?

The Following User Says Thank You to pythoneye2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Perhaps they're employing the OnePlus strategy, better go easy, could back-fire.
I wholeheartedly endorse this view: what is the point of advertising the second sale as 15.00 to 17.00 CET when you know you don't have (or don't intend to provide) an adequate number of items, given what was seen in the morning?

I was into the site at most a few minutes after the 2nd flash sale went live (it was a few minutes early too by my reckoning), had the phone in my shopping basket and then the (overloaded?) system went catatonic until an "out-of-stock" message appeared.

All-in-all, I felt toyed with. Unpleasant.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
12000 orders per minute?
https://plus.google.com/app/basic/st...w3wewedjojq00k

That would mean 100k devices. I don't think so.

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-02-11 at 20:18.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
12000 orders per minute?
https://plus.google.com/app/basic/st...w3wewedjojq00k
But is 1 order = 1 sold phone?

Or 1000 nerds trying to buy the phone and spamming F5 or something?

Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
But is 1 order = 1 sold phone?

Or 1000 nerds trying to buy the phone and spamming F5 or something?
No can't be real sales. But usually you count hits not orders. But itgibes you in idea of the huge support for this os. On the other hand companies usually counting stuff related sales in a not truthful way.

BTW omg ubuntu reports via Twitter that an us ubuntu oem will magically appear in June for all users. Use the big spoon of salt is adviced.
https://twitter.com/omgubuntu/status/565596316622147585

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-02-11 at 21:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: