Active Topics

Originally Posted by Mau97 View Post
You need to add the Repos to .etc folder.
After that you can finally install the Developer Mode
Thanks, I'll try that

The Following User Says Thank You to velkkis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mau97 View Post
You need to add the Repos to .etc folder.
After that you can finally install the Developer Mode
I don't understand how and I was too embarrassed to say before. There is no .etc folder when I connect the phone to pc and it doesn't let me even make one. And even if it did I wouldn't know what to add there.

Just a thought, if you go to Settings > Applications > Installations - you have enabled "Allow installations from non-Store sources"?

Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Just a thought, if you go to Settings > Applications > Installations - you have enabled "Allow installations from non-Store sources"?
I have :/ But thanks for a thought.

@velkkis, try flashing your n950. After that Ancelad's repo mirror should help you with enabling dev mode. At least he says that he tested it that way on his n9.

Btw, before the flashing try to check for updates in Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> Updates -> *click the icon in the top-right corner* with installed repoMirror, and after that try enabling devMode again. If that fail, well, I think you can do nothing but flash your phone.

Last edited by zxcvbnm3230; 2015-05-23 at 19:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to zxcvbnm3230 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm3230 View Post
@velkkis, try flashing your n950. After that Ancelad's repo mirror should help you with enabling dev mode. At least he says that he tested it that way on his n9.

Btw, before the flashing try to check for updates in Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> Updates -> *click the icon in the top-right corner* with installed repoMirror, and after that try enabling devMode again. If that fail, well, I think you can do nothing but flash your phone.
I have tried that update thing and it did not work. Flashing sounds scary, I installed earlier today flasher but I got too scared because I didn't know what files I should flash. I found some links to N950 firmware files but they always only downloaded like 10% and then stopped, and when I tried to open the downloaded zip files it showed main.bin but winrar complained of unexpected end of file so I didn't try to flash them as I assumed they didn't download completely and I would brick my phone with them.

Okay I got a pr 1.3 file. Does anyone know if it's safe to flash it on the proto?

Originally Posted by zxcvbnm3230 View Post

Flashed it and after that the n9repomirror started working and I got the developer mode to work too. Thank you and thanks to everyone else who helped me too.

Hope you now enjoy your find!

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Hope you now enjoy your find!
I do, thanks ^^

Tags
nokia n950, nokia proto