Notices

Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Added powerlock from your repository, very nice! Thanks for that. After installation, I used tweakr to set a single power key short press to "do nothing" which made the locking go a little faster since the menu doesn't pop down briefly. But, changing power key double press to "show menu" doesn't work since your app registers the first press and locks the screen. With powerlock installed, is there no other way to access the power key menu than by keeping the default power key menu settings, which gives you a 2 second window to select an option from the menu before it locks? I only use that menu to quickly enable silent mode, so its no big deal to me, but was wondering if you will be improving upon your nice app.
If you only need silent mode, you can use my package longpress, which allows switching silent/normal profiles with a long press of the lock key.

I changed powerlock to not lock on a quick double press of the lock key, so it should work in your scenario of mce opening menu on double press.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ China
this is a great app. i hate having to unlock using the slider, sometimes i just want to press the power button.

this may sound a pit picky but is there anyway to speed this process up. i have it setup with tweakr like the previous poster said - double press brings menu, single press locks and unlocks - but it's kind of slow (especially when locking). any way to speed it up somehow?

Originally Posted by HRZ View Post
this is a great app. i hate having to unlock using the slider, sometimes i just want to press the power button.

this may sound a pit picky but is there anyway to speed this process up. i have it setup with tweakr like the previous poster said - double press brings menu, single press locks and unlocks - but it's kind of slow (especially when locking). any way to speed it up somehow?
Well you can at least overclock the device to run at 800-900mhz. That helped me alot

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ China
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Well you can at least overclock the device to run at 800-900mhz. That helped me alot
i havent looked at that thread yet due to:
1. the length of the thread
2. a few posts about problems

dont want to get this thread here OT but in your opinion, nothing has been unstable after? is there a newbie tutorial?

Just installed powerlock and am loving the functionality.. I used tweakr to have menu show up on double press which has now given me the best setup..

I just want to make one more tweak.. i know that to unlock pressing the power button unlocks the device and skips the unlock screen.. but i love the unlock screen and would like to keep it.. what file do i need to edit to make that possible?

In short.. I want powerlock to lock on single press of power button. when locked and i press the power button, i want to reach the lock screen.

thanks

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by rnb89 View Post

I just want to make one more tweak.. i know that to unlock pressing the power button unlocks the device and skips the unlock screen.. but i love the unlock screen and would like to keep it.. what file do i need to edit to make that possible?

In short.. I want powerlock to lock on single press of power button. when locked and i press the power button, i want to reach the lock screen.

thanks
I second this request. Also as mentioned earlier, the device waits for a few seconds before locking. Can we reduce this to a minimum?

Tags
mce.ini, powerkey